My Easy BBQ Keto Meatloaf Recipe is about to become one of your favorite go-to dinner items. This recipe is full of flavor, and adds that extra bit of barbecue sauce you want, but without the added sugar and carbs!
Easy BBQ Keto Meatloaf Recipe
I’ve had many requests for a meatloaf recipe, so last week I decided it was time to start working on a Keto Meatloaf. I knew my kids would be excited because meatloaf is one of their favorites. I started by looking at the ingredients in my BBQ Mozzarella Meatballs then I made several changes to the recipe to make it a meatloaf. I used 2.5 lbs of 80/20 ground beef so that we would have enough for leftovers for lunch.
My favorite part of meatloaf before starting Keto was the ketchup topping with brown sugar and vinegar. Since regular ketchup and brown sugar aren’t keto friendly, I decided to use a sugar-free bbq sauce instead. For me, this was a simple solution. If you prefer not to eat bottled sugar-free sauce, my homemade low carb BBQ Sauce is very easy to make and it tastes absolutely amazing! This Keto/Low Carb Meatloaf is easy to make, and it tastes fantastic! The BBQ sauce is exactly what it needed to make it over the top delicious!
Directions for Keto Meatloaf Recipe
You can easily scroll down to grab the printable full recipe. I love sharing the steps for those who learn with pictures, so check out my step by step process below!
In a large bowl combine ground beef, onions, and green peppers.
Add eggs to mixture.
Add coconut flour to bowl.
Add grated parmesan cheese to all the other ingredients and mix. I used this Chop and Mix tool, and it made it so much easier. It is also fantastic for browning ground beef and sausage or shredding chicken quickly.
Finally, I added a tad bit more moisture then I mixed all the ingredients well.
I don’t like to touch raw meat, so I used parchment paper to help form a loaf. I divided the loaf in half so that it would cook quicker and all the way through.
This way it will cook faster and all the way through. I poured sugar-free BBQ sauce on top and popped the Keto Meatloaf in the oven for approx 1 hour and 15 minutes. I do like mine very well done so you may want to remove from the oven a little earlier. Also, time will vary depending on the thickness of meatloaf.
Keto/Low Carb BBQ Meatloaf Recipe
- 2.5 lb 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Braggs Aminos (may sub coconut aminos)
- 2 tbsp sugar free BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar-free BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Shape into two loaves and place in a greased pan or cover pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the sugar-free BBQ sauce on top of the meatloaf. You can use bottled sauce, but my Homemade Low Carb BBQ Sauce is easy to make and it tastes so much better.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done. Bake time can vary depending on how thick you shape your meatloaf.
More Keto Friendly Recipes
I know you are going to just love this easy keto meatloaf recipe, but you may still be looking for more recipes. If so, check out my Keto Recipe Index. I have tons of amazing kid-friendly and delicious keto recipes in this index that will satisfy all of your cravings! A few of my favorites are linked below.
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken Bacon Recipe with Broccoli
- Keto Fried Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Keto Creamy Chicken with Bacon and Cheese
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several great books you may want to check out here.