This Low Carb Chicken Casserole is one the entire family will enjoy.
Low Carb Chicken Casserole
Y’all, I can’t even tell you just how amazingly delicious this cheesy Low Carb Chicken Casserole is. I made it yesterday afternoon after a recommendation from Abbie in our Keto/Low Carb Challenge Facebook group (join here if you haven’t already). She had a brilliant idea to add chicken, broccoli, and mushrooms (I left out the mushrooms because I didn’t have any and we don’t like them either) to a casserole dish, then to pour the cheese sauce from my Cauliflower Mac N Cheese over the top and bake. She posted a picture of her casserole and I knew immediately this was a recipe that so many would enjoy as well. I got in the kitchen and started experimenting and tweaked the original cheese sauce recipe just a bit. Holy cow! When the cheese sauce bakes into the chicken and broccoli, it tastes SO GOOD!!! There are so many ways you can make this casserole and change it up for variety.
Low Carb Chicken Casserole Variations
You can make this Low Chicken Casserole many different ways with the options listed below:
- Use a Rotisserie Chicken to save time
- Sub in different veggies like cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus, brussels sprouts, or green beans
- Add crushed pork rinds or homemade Cheese Crisps for a crunchy topping
Here are a couple of pictures that show just how easy this Keto Chicken Casserole is to make. Continue to scroll down for the complete list of ingredients and instructions.
I cooked my chicken in my slow cooker as it always makes it so tender and flavorful, but you can also use a rotisserie chicken to save time.
Either fresh broccoli or steam bags of broccoli work great.
I used cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese because that is what I had in my fridge, but feel free to swap out for Colby, Monterrey Jack, Gouda or another variety.
Goodness, gracious! This Low Carb Chicken Casserole is amazing! I made it before my son’s baseball game and could not wait to get home to dig in afterward.
It rewarms beautifully too.
Other Keto Chicken Casserole Recipes:
- Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole
- Keto Pizza Casserole
- Low Chicken Pot Pie
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Lazy Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
Low Carb Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10 oz Steam bag of broccoli (you may also use fresh)
- 2 tb butter
- 6 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz sharp shredded cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tb garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook chicken breasts in a slow cooker 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. I always add a little chicken broth and salt and pepper, but you can use water instead. Remove from the slow cooker and shred. My family prefers chicken breasts, but you can use thighs or a whole chicken too. Or, skip preparing the chicken and use a rotisserie chicken instead to save time.
- Cook the fresh broccoli or microwave the steam bags of broccoli and drain.
- In a saucepan, add butter, heavy whipping cream, garlic, and 1/2 of the Italian seasoning. Add softened cream cheese and stir with a whisk until thoroughly combined and cook over low medium heat until the sauce is smooth.
- Add cheeses stirring continually reserving 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese 1/8 cup of the other cheeses for the topping.
- Grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish and layer the shredded chicken first.
- Add the steamed broccoli on top of the chicken.
- Remove saucepan with the cheese sauce from the stove and pour on top of the broccoli and shredded chicken making sure that it is completely covered.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top of the casserole along with parsley, paprika, and the remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 30 minutes.
Don’t Miss Any New Recipes
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
Keto Shopping Guides -To make shopping easier, check out these awesome shopping guides.
- Keto Shopping at Costco
- Keto Shopping at Sam’s Club
- Keto Shopping at Walmart
- Keto Shopping at ALDI
- Keto Shopping at Target