Barbecue and casserole are two of my favorite words to describe a recipe. This BBQ Keto Chicken Casserole Recipe is going to become a family favorite. So delicious, and easy to make, you are going to add this to your meal plan on a regular basis!
BBQ Keto Chicken Casserole Recipe
Years ago we used to order a meal at Chili’s Restaurant that included a chicken breast smothered in bbq sauce, bacon and cheese. Since we’ve started following a keto/low carb lifestyle, I thought it would make a fabulous dinner. So, last weekend when my in-laws were in town we went to Chili’s for dinner. I was so excited to order this again, but to my dismay, it’s no longer offered on the menu. Looking back, it is probably a good thing since regular bbq sauce is so high in carbs.
Instead, our waitress was happy to oblige and asked the kitchen to make me something similar without bbq sauce. Although, it was yummy bbq sauce would have made it amazing. Since then, I have worked on a new recipe for a low carb BBQ Sauce using my family’s original recipe that I tweaked. It made such a huge difference. This BBQ Keto Chicken Casserole with Bacon & Cheese turned out especially delicious, and it was so easy to make! My entire family loved it. You can find the recipe for my homemade low carb BBQ sauce here.
If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
I roasted asparagus in the oven to go with our Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole, and it was such a delicious meal. Sometimes it is hard to believe that we can eat like this and still lose weight.
Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/8 cup sugar-free bbq sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic seasoning
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook boneless skinless chicken in slow cooker 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high. (I always add garlic pepper seasoning and salt then cover with chicken broth or water, but feel free to season your favorite way or use a rotisserie chicken.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an eight by eight baking dish. Remove the chicken from slow cooker and chop into large pieces.
- Place chicken in bottom of greased casserole dish and sprinkle garlic seasoning on top.
- Pour homemade sugar-free BBQ sauce on top of chicken.
- Crumble cooked bacon on top of the chicken and bbq sauce.
- Cover with a mixture of Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for approx 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- You can place casserole dish on the top rack for 2 minutes if you'd like the cheese to brown. Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
Other Low Carb Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Lombardy
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken & Broccoli
- Cheesy Mexican Skillet
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Keto Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Bacon & Cheese
- Keto Crockpot Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Zucchini Boats
- Keto Chicken Salad