This homemade Marinated Keto Coleslaw recipe is light, tangy, and slightly sweet. It is the perfect low carb side dish for any keto meal.
This keto coleslaw, or “keto slaw,” recipe is made without mayo and is instead marinated in a tangy, dressing that is sweetened using a sugar-free sweetener. I love serving it alongside my BBQ Keto Chicken Casserole Recipe or my Keto Slow Cooker Pork Roast. I also really love it with Keto Pulled Pork. It is crunchy and bright, making it a delicious way to get in your veggies!
Keto coleslaw ingredients:
- Cabbage: This is the main ingredient and can be purchase as a whole head or pre-chopped!
- Pickles, apple cider vinegar: Pickles and vinegar adds acidity and a tang, which is needed in coleslaw.
- Onion, green pepper: These veggies add a crunch and extra flavor.
- Sugar-free sweetener: I like Besti Monk Fruit with Allulose sweetener best. You can also use Swerve Granulated or Lakanto Monkfruit Classic in this recipe. The measurement would be the same.
Steps for making marinated keto coleslaw:
Step 1: Shred the cabbage, dill pickle, and onion in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a grater to grate them finely. Add to a large bowl.
Step 2: Chop green peppers and add to the cabbage mixture.
Step 4: In a pot, add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil. All the ingredients will combine as it begins to boil.
Step 5: Pour the hot mixture over the slaw then stir to combine.
Step 6: Allow the slaw to marinate overnight in the fridge.
Can you eat coleslaw on keto?
Most coleslaw recipes include sugar, so your classic coleslaw is most likely NOT keto-friendly. To make a keto coleslaw, you need to use a sugar-free sweetener.
What kind of cabbage is best for coleslaw?
You can choose any cabbage you can find. For this recipe, I used green cabbage, but you can use red, savoy, or Napa cabbage. If you want a pop of color, many people will use a combination of different cabbage varieties. If you want to speed this already quick recipe up, you can also purchase a pre-shredded bag of cabbage or a bagged coleslaw mix.
How to store keto coleslaw
You can store the marinated low-carb coleslaw in a large bowl covered with plastic wrap or in a sealed Tupperware container. Your coleslaw will last about 3-4 days.
More keto salad recipes:
Other keto side dishes:
Don’t miss out!
If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several great books you may want to check out here.
How to Make Easy Marinated Keto Coleslaw
Easy Marinated Keto Coleslaw
- 1 large head green cabbage (approx. 6 cups shredded)
- 4 dill pickles
- ⅓ purple onion
- ½ bell pepper chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend Crystallized Sweetener
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- Shred the cabbage, dill pickle, and onion in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a grater to finely grate them.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Chop green peppers and add to the cabbage mixture.
- In a pot, add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Pour hot marinade over the slaw then stir to combine.
- Allow the slaw to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- If you’d like, you can drain the slaw the next day before serving.