Growing up my mom used to make a Chicken Divan casserole that I absolutely loved…….until I found out that one of the ingredients was mayonnaise. I absolutely hate mayonnaise. I could be tortured with it and tell every secret I know. Ha!! Every chicken and broccoli casserole recipe I found on Pinterest included mayonnaise as an ingredient. I’m sure you can’t taste it, but I just cannot bring myself to open a jar, smell it, and add it to something I am going to eat. Seriously, I’m like a 2 yr old picky eater. So, I put on my experimenting hat yesterday and started working on a new recipe that would remind me of my mom’s old recipe that was keto friendly and didn’t require mayonnaise. My trusty taste testers (the hubs and kiddos) loved it! In fact, my husband said he could eat the entire pan it was so good. My biggest requirement when I cook is that it has to be easy and keto friendly. I even made this for dinner before Wednesday night church and got kitchen cleaned up before we left. That is an accomplishment! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast (3 small breasts)
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- ½ pack ranch seasoning mix
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened.
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Broccoli(I used a steam bag)
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- ½ cup cheese
- 2 cups cheese
- ½ cup crumbled bacon
- I cooked my chicken first in a slow cooker on high for 3.5 hrs.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven-safe skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add ranch, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, ¼ cup crumbled bacon and ½ cup cheese.
- Use a whisk to combine ingredients and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Steam broccoli in the microwave while the ranch mixture is cooking.
- Add chicken and cooked broccoli to ranch mixture and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle 2 cups cheese and ½ cup crumbled bacon on top.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes then move to top rack.
- Cook on broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and bacon is browned.
Nutrition Information based on 8 Servings: 338 Calories, Carbs 4.3 -0.9 fiber = 3.4 net carbs, Fat 28.2, Protein 16.3 (based on myfitnesspal app)
Don’t have a cast iron skillet? Amazon has great prices and they deliver to your door, which is a requirement of mine with 4 kids.