It is finally spring, and I am ready for fresh fruity cold desserts to celebrate the warm weather. Mousse or fluff type desserts are so easy to make with so many options to change the flavor. This Keto Lemon Pie is the first recipe that I’ve added a crust. I thought that a pecan crust would be absolutely amazing along with the fresh lemon flavor in the Keto Lemon Pie. The crust is so simple with only three ingredients, so it takes very little effort. I think it tastes best if you pop it in the freezer for an hour or two before serving and it slices much better. I have included step-by-step pictorial instructions below for your convenience.
You can access all of my Keto/Low Carb Recipes in my Keto/Low Carb Recipe Index or follow me on Pinterest for fabulous Keto/Low Carb Recipe Ideas. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several great books you may want to check out here.
I used a mini food processor to crush my pecans, but you can crush them manually instead.
Add melted butter.
Add Swerve granulated sweetener to the crushed pecan mixture and pulse to combine all ingredients.
Pour pecan crust into greased pie pan and use the back of a greased spoon to smooth and spread the crust.
Continue to press and smooth out the pie crust until the bottom and the sides of the pan are covered.
In a bowl, use a mixer to beat heavy whipping cream.
Continue beating for several minutes on medium/high until the heavy whipping cream begins to form stiff peaks.
Add softened cream cheese (Philadelphia has the least amount of carbs compared to generic versions), Swerve confectioners, and vanilla.
Add lemon zest to filling.
Finally, add freshly squeezed lemon juice and beat until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Since the ripeness of lemon can vary, feel free to add more zest or juice if needed.
Pour lemon pie filling into pecan pie shell and spread. We think it tastes best if you pop the Keto Lemon Pie in the freezer for an hour or two before serving.
Garnish with strawberries or lemons. I love the look of the bright pink strawberries against the lemony fresh pie filling, but feel free to use lemons instead.
Enjoy!!!! YUMMMM! It is sooooo good. If you freeze it before cutting the Keto Lemon Pie the slices serve up much better. I got a little impatient here.
Keto/Low Carb Lemon Pie
For the Crust:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp Swerve granulated
For the Lemon Pie Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush pecans finely. I used a mini chopper.
- Add butter and Swerve granular to crushed pecans and mix thoroughly. I added the ingredients to my mini processor and pulsed until all of the ingredients were combined.
- Grease a pie pan then add crust mixture.
- Grease the back of a spoon and use it to carefully smooth the pecan mixture in the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
For the pie filling:
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add the softened cream cheese, Swerve Confectioners, and vanilla to the heavy whipping cream and beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest then beat again. *You may need more or less lemon juice and zest depending on the ripeness of your lemons. Make sure to taste the mixture as you are preparing the recipe.
- Pour filling mixture into pecan crust and freeze for 1 to 2 hours before serving. (You may store pie in fridge and pop in the freezer for about an hour or two before serving.)
Make sure to check out all of my Keto/low carb recipes in my Keto/low carb recipe index. If this recipe sounds like something you’d like, you’ll love Peanut Butter Fluff, Mixed Berry Fluff, Chocolate Mousse, and Pumpkin Fluff.
Looking for ways to save money? Check out these 10 easy tips for eating Keto on a budget.
Don’t miss these Keto/Low Carb snack ideas to help you stay on track.