This great Key Lime Keto Mousse Dessert Recipe is perfect for those times you need a simple dessert to share at a gathering. It’s easy to make, keto friendly, and everyone will love the bright key lime flavor. It’s a hit for anyone at your table!
Key Lime Keto Mousse Dessert Recipe
I love fruity desserts, especially in the spring and summer. As the weather here in Tennessee starts to change, I am looking forward to grilling, warm summer nights, and cold refreshing treats every now and then. One of my favorite desserts is Key Lime Pie so I thought I’d create a keto/low carb key lime version. It is similar to a Key Lime Pie, but I omitted the crust from this Key Lime Mousse to keep the carb count lower.
Next time I may try a pecan crust, however, my daughter is allergic to pecans, so I wanted to make something she could eat this time. It took several tries to get the tartness of the Key Lime Mousse just right. Also, the measurements I have included for both the key lime zest and key lime juice may vary as some limes aren’t nearly as tart as others. So, when you make this dessert make sure to taste the recipe as you go in order to get the perfect tartness. I would recommend refrigerating overnight for maximum flavor.
Keto Lifestyle Resources
If you are just starting the keto diet, you may want to begin with our Guide to Getting Started with Keto. This post has tons of information, resources, and tips to make the process tons easier to manage. My Pinterest boards are also excellent for motivation, tips, and recipes I find useful. Make sure to check them out and follow us there.
For those with more questions about the science behind keto, Amazon has several great books you may want to check out here.
How to Make Key Lime Keto Mousse Recipe:
Key Lime Mousse Keto/Low Carb
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 tsp key lime zest
- 3 tbsp Key Lime Juice
- 10 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat on medium speed the cream cheese, Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered, lime juice, and lime zest until the mixture is smooth. *You may need more or less lime juice and zest depending on the ripeness of your limes. Make sure to taste the mixture as you are preparing the recipe.
- Combine the two bowls and beat with a mixer until everything is combined.
- Spray an 8 X 8 pan with cooking spray and spread the key lime layer evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream and Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the homemade whipped cream on top of the key lime layer.
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!
More Keto Recipes
After you try out this delicious key lime keto mousse, make sure to check out all of my favorite recipes in my Keto/low carb recipe index. Some of my favorites are linked below!