I love fruity desserts, especially in the spring and summer. As the weather here in Tennessee starts to change, I am looking forward to grilling, warm summer nights, and cold refreshing treats every now and then. One of my favorite desserts is Key Lime Pie so I thought I’d create a keto/low carb key lime version. It is similar to a Key Lime Pie, but I omitted the crust from this Key Lime Mousse to keep the carb count lower. Next time I may try a pecan crust, however, my daughter is allergic to pecans, so I wanted to make something she could eat this time. It took several tries to get the tartness of the Key Lime Mousse just right. Also, the measurements I have included for both the key lime zest and key lime juice may vary as some limes aren’t nearly as tart as others. So, when you make this dessert make sure to taste the recipe as you go in order to get the perfect tartness. I would recommend refrigerating overnight for maximum flavor.
You can access all of my Keto/Low Carb Recipes in my Keto/Low Carb Recipe Index or follow me on Pinterest for fabulous Keto/Low Carb Recipe Ideas. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several great books you may want to check out here.
Key Lime Mousse Keto/Low Carb
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 tsp key lime zest
- 3 tbsp Key Lime Juice
- 10 tbsp Swerve confectioners
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Swerve confectioners
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat on medium speed the cream cheese, Swerve Confectioners, lime juice and lime zest until the mixture is smooth. *You may need more or less lime juice and zest depending on the ripeness of your limes. Make sure to taste the mixture as you are preparing the recipe.
- Combine the two bowls and beat with a mixer until everything is combined.
- Spray an 8 X 8 pan with cooking spray and spread the key lime layer evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream and Swerve Confectioners and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the homemade whipped cream on top of the key lime layer.
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!
Make sure to check out all of my Keto/low carb recipes in my Keto/low carb recipe index. If this recipe sounds like something you’d like, you’ll love Peanut Butter Fluff, Mixed Berry Fluff, Chocolate Mousse, and Pumpkin Fluff.
Looking for ways to save money? Check out these 10 easy tips for eating Keto on a budget.
Don’t miss these Keto/Low Carb snack ideas to help you stay on track.