Cheesy Keto Brussels Sprouts and Bacon, swimming in a deliciously creamy sauce and filled with bubbling cheese and crispy bacon, will become your favorite new way to enjoy sprouts! This keto low-carb recipe will cause anyone who eats it to fall in love with this scrumptious keto side dish. In other words, it will be love at first bite!
Cheesy Keto Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
I learned to cook from two of the best Southern cooks, my Mama and Grandmother. Because they were such great cooks, our table was loaded with delectable Southern dishes. For instance, one of those was Brussels sprouts, which I always loved. In the past, I have made roasted Brussels sprouts but wanted to make something different, so I created this keto-friendly recipe with a deliciously creamy cheese sauce topped with crispy bacon.
Are Brussels Sprouts Keto?
Yes, Brussels sprouts are low in carbs, contain fiber, and are nutrient-dense. They are very low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Brussels sprouts are also a good source of protein, iron, and potassium. Because of their nutritional value, they are a healthy food choice.
How Many Net Carbs in Brussels Sprouts?
A half-cup of Brussels Sprouts contains 6g carbs with 2g of fiber, which equals 4g net carbs. The nutritional information for this recipe with the added cheesy cream sauce and bacon can be found at the bottom of the recipe card.
How Do I Select and Prepare Fresh Brussels Sprouts?
You’re at the grocery store buying Brussels sprouts, but how do you know which ones to buy? I have included some tips that may help. The sprouts should:
- be solid and hard when squeezed
- be bright green
I found the best way to prepare fresh Brussels sprouts is to:
- wash the Brussels sprouts
- cut off the bottom of each sprout
- discard any leaves that are wilted or not bright green
- slice the Brussels sprouts vertically
Add the Brussels sprouts to your pan and occasionally stir while pan-frying in butter or bacon grease to get a nice brown surface all around. Don’t skip this step as it brings out the incredible flavor.
Is a Cast Iron Skillet Necessary for This Recipe?
No, it’s not necessary to use a cast-iron skillet for this Keto Brussels sprouts recipe so you can use any oven-safe skillet. But, if you don’t have one, you may want to consider investing in one. Cast iron skillets are my preference because they are affordable, long-lasting, and of excellent quality. I have several sizes but, for this recipe, I used a 10.25 inch cast iron skillet.
I even have a few cast iron skillets that are over fifty years old that used to by my grandmother’s. I can’t help but smile when thinking of my grandmother because she made so many wonderful dishes in her cast iron skillets. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems food tastes better when cooked in them.
This Keto Brussels sprouts recipe is so easy to make because you just throw all the ingredients in the pan and let the heat do the work for you!
I like to use parmesan cheese, along with a couple of other varieties when making this Keto Brussels sprouts recipe. Stir to combine the cheese and seasonings to distribute evenly.
Bacon always makes everything better, and bacon Brussels sprouts are no exception! You will love the tantalizing flavor bacon adds to this keto diet Brussels sprouts and bacon recipe.
When baking this dish, the cheese, cream cheese, and heavy whipping cream combine to make a delicious sauce that thickens in the oven.
Cheesy Keto Brussels Sprouts and Bacon recipe is perfect for a keto low carb diet! So that you don’t get bored with the same recipes over and over, this is a great way to add variety.
Tip: If you are dairy-free, you can check out my other Brussels sprouts recipe here, which uses olive oil and has no dairy products.
What to Serve with Cheesy Keto Brussels Sprouts and Bacon?
Tender brussels sprouts, smoky bacon, and a creamy, cheesy sauce create an easy and delicious keto side dish the entire family will love! You can store them in one large container or individual serving-size containers in the fridge. Cheesy Keto Brussels Sprouts and Bacon rewarms nicely so you can feast on this mouthwatering dish throughout the week.
More Keto Side Dishes:
- Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Southern Green Beans
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with Bacon & Cheese
- Keto Cauliflower Mash
Cheesy Keto Brussels Sprouts & Bacon Recipe (Easy & Delicious)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry fresh Brussels Sprouts, then cut in half. You should have approx 5 cups. (I bought a 16 oz package of fresh whole Brussels Sprouts.)
- If you don't already have cooked bacon on hand, heat a cast-iron skillet (or another oven-safe skillet) on the stove until it is warm, then cook approx 6 pieces of bacon.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and reserve 2 tbsp of bacon grease.
- If you already have bacon cooked on hand, add two tablespoons of butter to the skillet. Once it has melted, add Brussels Sprouts, and saute for 12 min on medium/low heat (my stove setting was on 2). Stir a couple of times during cooking to brown the surface of the Brussels Sprouts a bit.
- In a small bowl, soften the cream cheese, then add heavy whipping cream and mix with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream mixture, cheeses, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, then sprinkle the 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon on top.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until the cheese sauce is bubbly.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and enjoy!