This Keto Cranberry Orange Bread is a staple during the holiday season. It’s so moist, delicious, and perfect with a cup of hot coffee.
One of my favorite loaves of bread besides pumpkin is Cranberry Orange Bread. There used to be a bakery close by, and I would stop there often to grab a delicious loaf to surprise my kids. Unfortunately, it closed down years ago, but my son has never forgotten his favorite bread. He’s been asking for weeks if I could make a homemade Cranberry Orange Bread, so I decided to make it a low carb version. If you are already thinking, this bread is not keto friendly because oranges are too high in carbs rest assured there were no actual oranges used in creating this recipe. Instead, I used pure orange extract, which worked perfectly! I used fresh cranberries, which are low in carbs and high in fiber as well. Having never cooked with fresh cranberries I wasn’t sure how this recipe was going to turn out since cranberries are so tart. I added a little extra Monkfruit Powdered as a coating, and it was the perfect amount.
Specialty Ingredients used to make Keto Cranberry Orange Bread
- Coconut Flour – if you’d rather use almond flour, you’ll need 4x as much
- Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered – Swerve Confectioners, can be substituted
Low Carb Cranberry Orange Bread doesn’t require a lot of steps. It is a quick bread than even an inexperienced baker can easily make.
Since fresh cranberries are tart, I chopped them into smaller pieces then added Lakanto Monkfruit powdered sweetener before adding to the batter to help curb some of the tartness.
Add the cranberries to the batter.
Fold in to combine the cranberries evenly in the bread.
This Keto Cranberry Orange Bread is simple to make, flavorful, moist, and delicious. I wasn’t sure how well the orange extract would work in place of fresh orange juice and orange zest, but if I hadn’t made it, I would never know the difference. My son, who likes keto sweets the least, ate three pieces as soon as I was done photographing the recipe. He kept saying, “Mom, that is really really good, and I’m not just saying that since I’m your son. I promise I love it.” So, there you go right from the harshest keto critic in my family.
Other Delicious Keto Bread Recipes:
- Strawberry Low Carb Bread
- Pumpkin Bread
- Lemon Bread
- Mixed Berry Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Blueberry Bread
- Pumpkin Muffins with a Cream Cheese Swirl
How to Make Keto Cranberry Orange Bread
Keto Cranberry Orange Bread
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit powdered
- splash of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, egg yolk, butter, Lakanto Monkfruit powdered, butter, sour cream, orange extract, and vanilla extract on medium-high until thoroughly combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and salt and beat again.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons Lakanto Monkfruit powdered, with the chopped fresh cranberries, and stir until cranberries are coated.
- Add the coated cranberries to the batter and stir well.
- Line a regular loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, combine the melted butter and Lakanto Monkfruit powdered and stir. Add a splash of heavy whipping cream until the mixture is the consistency of a thick glaze. As it is poured on the hot bread it will thin out more.
- Pour glaze over hot Keto Cranberry Orange Bread.