This Keto Lemon Bread recipe reminds me of Starbucks glazed lemon bread, but with a fraction of the carbs.
Keto Lemon Bread Recipe
Years ago when I first started blogging, I was a frugal blogger. In fact, I taught coupon workshops all over the southeast. Back in those days, when I traveled I often ran by Starbucks in airports to grab a piece of their lemon bread before my flights. Of course, this was back when I indulged in way too many carbs. It has been years since I have enjoyed lemon bread, so I thought I would try my hand at making a keto friendly version complete with a delicious lemony glaze. It took a couple of tries before I perfected this recipe. Experimenting with fewer eggs resulted in a lemon bread that was dry as a dessert and not fit for human consumption. There is a very real reason why you have to use more eggs when baking with keto friendly flours. Unlike fluffy white gluten-filled white flour, keto friendly flours tend to be drier in nature and more absorbent. So, don’t freak out about the six eggs. I promise they are necessary. This Keto Lemon Bread recipe turned out amazingly delicious!
Don’t Miss Any Recipes
If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several great books you may want to check out here.
How to Make Keto Lemon Bread Recipe
Even if you aren’t a baker, this Keto Lemon Bread recipe is so easy to make.
When zesting a lemon for this Low Carb Lemon Bread recipe, make sure to skim the outside layer of the lemon otherwise you will go too deep, and your zest will be very bitter.
I use a lemon zester like the one pictured above. You can find it here.
Once all of the ingredients are combined the batter will be slightly thick as coconut flour is very absorbent. Even though you use a small amount in this recipe, the batter thickens pretty quickly, which is why you need six eggs for moisture. This Keto Lemon Bread recipe isn’t eggy at all, and it tastes fantastic.
If you don’t want the Keto Lemon Bread to stick to the pan, make sure to line it with parchment paper first. I have found that parchment paper is a necessity in keto baking because keto friendly flours tend to be very sticky.
Yum! This Keto Lemon Bread recipe reminds me of Starbucks lemon bread. It is so moist and delicious with just the right bite of tartness from the fresh lemons.
Although delicious straight from the oven, I thought it was even better warmed the next day with a nice cup of coffee for breakfast. This Low Carb Lemon Bread recipe turned out better than I imagined.
How to Make Keto Lemon Bread recipe
Keto Lemon Bread Recipe
For the Glaze
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners or Monkfruit Powdered
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- smash of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325 and line bread pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and allow it to cool.
- Beat eggs, Swerve, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, salt, and baking powder until combined.
- Add melted butter, and coconut flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the mixture and beat again until combined.
- Pour batter into parchment paper lined bread pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the top of the bread is just beginning to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the Glaze:
- Combine the Swerve confectioners, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a splash of heavy whipping cream then whisk until the glaze is nice and smooth.
- Pour glaze over warm bread then use a knife or spatula to spread it out so that it covers the top and drips over the sides.
More Keto Bread Recipes: