This Keto Lemon Bread recipe reminds me of Starbucks glazed lemon bread, but with a fraction of the carbs. When it comes to a healthy lemon loaf that is a simple low carb dessert, you’re not going to want to miss a bite of this low carb lemon cake!
HOW TO MAKE THIS KETO LEMON BREAD
It took a couple of tries before I perfected this recipe low carb lemon bread for the keto diet. Experimenting with fewer eggs resulted in a dry lemon bread as a dessert and not fit for human consumption. There is a very real reason you have to use more eggs when baking with low carb flours. Unlike fluffy white gluten-filled white flour, keto-friendly flours tend to be drier in nature and more absorbent. So, don’t freak out about the six eggs. I promise they are necessary.
This Keto Lemon Bread recipe turned out amazingly delicious!
Is Lemon Keto?
Yes, using lemon juice and zest in a recipe is completely keto-friendly.
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Monkfruit Classic
- Lemon juice
- Monkfruit Powdered
Here are step-by-step instructions with pictures for those that find it helpful. Scroll to the very bottom of the post for the recipe card and full list of instructions.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 and line bread pan with parchment paper. Keto baked goods tend to be quite sticky, so I have found parchment paper a necessity.
Step 3: Beat eggs, Monkfruit Classic, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, salt, and baking powder until combined.
Step 2: Melt butter and allow it to cool. Then, add melted butter, coconut flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the mixture and beat again until combined. I use a lemon zester like pictured below to make zesting a lemon easier. See the tips below.
TIPS TO ZEST A LEMON
When zesting a lemon for this keto lemon loaf recipe, make sure to skim the lemon’s outside layer; otherwise, you will go too deep, and your zest will be very bitter. You’ll know that you’ve gone too far when you see white underneath the layer of yellow on the lemon. Once you see that, you’ll need to rotate your lemon and start zesting in a new spot. The lemon zest adds incredible lemon flavor.
Need a lemon zester? You can find it here.
Step 4: Bake, then mix up the ingredients for the icing and pour over the top. I prefer to pour the glaze over the keto lemon bread while it is still warm instead of cooled completely; that way, it drips off the sides.
Tip: Keep in mind that baking time can vary since all ovens cook differently. Make sure to watch closely.
Enjoy this delicious low carb version of lemon bread with a delicious glaze. It pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee.
Tips for making this low carb lemon cake
If you don’t want the Keto Lemon Bread to stick to the pan, make sure to line it with parchment paper first. I have found that parchment paper is necessary for keto baking because keto-friendly flours tend to be very sticky.
How does this low carb lemon loaf taste the next day?
Although delicious straight from the oven, I thought it was even better warmed the next day with a nice cup of coffee for breakfast. This Low Carb Lemon Bread recipe turned out better than I imagined.
MORE KETO-FRIENDLY BREAD RECIPES
If you love our simple low carb lemon loaf recipe and crave other keto baked goods, then I know you will enjoy checking out all of my family’s favorite recipes in my Keto Recipes Index. Check out all of my Keto Recipes!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins with a Cream Cheese Swirl
- Homemade Keto Blueberry Bread Recipe
- Keto Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Do you love lemon? Here are a few other Keto lemon recipes.
- The Best Ever Keto Lemon Pie
- Lemon Keto Bomb Recipe
- Keto Lemon Poppy Seed MuffinKeto Muffins with Lemon & Blueberries (Only 3g Net Carbs)
How to Make Keto Lemon Bread recipe:
Keto Lemon Bread Recipe
For the Glaze
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit Powdered
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- splash of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325 and line bread pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and allow it to cool.
- Beat eggs, Monkfruit Classic, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, salt, and baking powder until combined.
- Add melted butter, coconut flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the mixture and beat again until combined.
- Pour batter into parchment paper lined bread pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the top of the bread is just beginning to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the Glaze:
- Combine the Monkfruit Powdered, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a splash of heavy whipping cream then whisk until the glaze is nice and smooth.
- Pour glaze over warm bread then use a knife or spatula to spread it out so that it covers the top and drips over the sides.