This Keto/ Low Carb Cranberry Orange Bread is a staple during the holiday season. This fruity and zesty loaf gets topped off with sweet keto-friendly icing. It’s so moist, delicious, and perfect with a cup of hot coffee. Enjoy this cranberry orange bread for dessert, breakfast, or a sweet snack!
THE BEST KETO RECIPE FOR CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD
This Keto Cranberry Orange Bread is simple to make, flavorful, moist, and delicious. I wasn’t sure how well the orange extract would work in place of fresh orange juice and orange zest, but if I hadn’t made it, I would never know the difference. My son, who likes keto sweets the least, ate three pieces as soon as I was done photographing the recipe. He kept saying, “Mom, that is really, really good, and I’m not just saying that since I’m your son. I promise I love it.” So, there you go — a trustworthy verdict right from the harshest keto critic in my family.
- Coconut Flour – If you’d rather use almond flour, you’ll need 4x as much. This is because coconut flour is much more absorbent than almond. I personally can’t use almond flour due to an allergy, but both would work well provided that you keep the ratio in mind.
- Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered – This is my preferred type of keto sweetener, but I know many people gravitate towards Swerve. You can substitute Swerve Confectioners in a 1:1 ratio for this keto cranberry orange bread.
- Orange extract – Using an extract for the zesty orange flavor is a great way to avoid adding extra liquid while keeping the loaf flavorful. Plus, it avoids the extra carbs from oranges and keeps the loaf keto-friendly! You can typically find orange extract at your local grocery store or Amazon.
- Fresh cranberries – As for the cranberries, they’ve got to be fresh! There is nothing like fresh berries in a sweet loaf. This is the key to keeping this cranberry orange bread light and zesty.
- Sour cream is a secret ingredient that bumps up the fat content and helps keep the loaf moist.
- Butter and heavy whipping cream – Combined with Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered, this creates the sweet icing that tops the keto cranberry orange loaf.
Steps for making Keto Cranberry Orange Bread:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, beat eggs, egg white, butter, Lakanto Monkfruit powdered, butter, sour cream, orange extract, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium-high until thoroughly combined. Add the rest of the dry ingredients beat again.
Note: The recipe video adds an egg yolk instead of the egg white. Please follow these instructions on the recipe card and add an egg white.
Step 2: In a small bowl, combine three tablespoons Lakanto Monkfruit powdered with the chopped fresh cranberries, and stir until cranberries are coated.
Step 4: Add the coated cranberries to the batter and stir well. Line a regular loaf pan with parchment paper. Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. The batter will be on the thicker side.
Note: If you do not have parchment paper on hand, grease your loaf pan with cooking spray.
Step 6: To make the glaze, combine the melted butter and Lakanto Monkfruit powdered and stir. Add a splash of heavy whipping cream until the mixture is a thick glaze consistency. It will thin out more as it is poured on the hot bread. Pour the glaze all over the top of your warm Keto Cranberry Orange Bread. Once the bread cools a bit, you are ready to enjoy your homemade loaf!
Yum! Slice and enjoy!
Is This Bread Keto-Friendly?
You may think that this bread can’t be keto-friendly because it contains oranges high in carbs. However, I did not use any real oranges in this recipe. Instead, I used pure orange extract and fresh cranberries that are low in carbs.
Is this Orange Cranberry Bread Gluten-Free?
Technically, this bread is gluten-free; However, I would read all of the ingredients before making this bread if you have a gluten allergy!
Can You Freeze This Keto Orange Cranberry Bread?
I haven’t tried freezing leftovers of the keto orange cranberry bread, mainly because it disappears so fast! If you need to freeze it, place it in a freezer-friendly container once it has cooled completely and pop it in the freezer. To store this bread at room temperature, put it in an airtight container or wrap it in plastic wrap. It will last this way for about three days, but I can’t guarantee it will stick around that long!
Can You Use Fresh Orange Flavoring Rather than Extract?
I’ve only made this recipe with orange extract, so I can’t be sure of the effects of the extra liquid from orange juice on the consistency of the batter. If using fresh oranges, I recommend using more zest than juice. This will deliver all of that orange flavor without increasing the amount of liquid in the recipe.
Could You Make Cranberry Orange Muffins Out of this Recipe?
You sure could! Just be sure to watch the muffins closely so that they do not overbake. Since muffin tins hold less batter, they will bake for a shorter period of time. I recommend setting a timer to ensure you do not leave the muffins unattended as they bake!
Other Delicious Keto Bread Recipes:
Keto Cranberry Orange Bread
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit powdered
- splash of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, egg white, butter, Lakanto Monkfruit powdered, butter, sour cream, orange extract, and vanilla extract on medium-high until thoroughly combined. **The recipe video adds an egg yolk instead of the egg white. Please follow these instructions on the recipe card and add an egg white.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and salt and beat again.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons Lakanto Monkfruit powdered with the chopped fresh cranberries, and stir until cranberries are coated.
- Add the coated cranberries to the batter and stir well.
- Line a regular loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Combine the melted butter and Lakanto Monkfruit powdered to make the glaze and stir. Add a splash of heavy whipping cream until the mixture is a thick glaze consistency. It will thin out more ss it is poured on the hot bread.
- Pour glaze over hot Keto Cranberry Orange Bread.