If you want a fast and delicious breakfast that feels decadent, then Keto French Toast is the recipe for you! This is an excellent variation on the popular keto 90-second bread recipe. A few tweaks, and you have a delicious sweet treat for breakfast that everyone in the family will love!
MOUTHWATERING KETO FRENCH TOAST
This morning as I was waking up, I was thinking about different breakfast items that I might be able to make Keto friendly. While I love my keto biscuit recipe, sausage ball puffs, and pancakes, I wanted to try something different today. Then, I remembered my 90 Second Bread Recipe and thought surely I could change it up to make a Keto French Toast.
My hubby usually cooks breakfast on Saturday mornings, so I got in the kitchen with him and started experimenting. I just made one at first as a taste tester to see if it would be good or not. My two-year-old scooted a chair from her little table right up next to the counter and kept asking for more. When she got down, she rubbed her belly and said, “It’s sooooooo good, mom!”
By the time everyone had tasted a bite, I knew I had a hit on my hands, especially when they all asked me to make more, which I happily obliged. If you’d like to make a big batch of Keto French Toast, check out my family-sized recipe here.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB FRENCH TOAST
You’ll need to gather the following ingredients for this recipe. The Lakanto sweetener can be subbed for Swerve at the same measurement.
- Coconut flour
- Cream cheese
- Baking Powder
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered Sugar
- Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
Keto French Toast Recipe step-by-step pictorial directions. Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients.
Step 1: Melt butter in a ceramic or glass bowl. (mine was about 6 inches)
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until combined.
Step 3: Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
Step 4: Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for a minute or two. Cut the keto french toast in half.
Step 5: In a flat dish, add 1 egg and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream and combine with a whisk. Soak bread on both sides in egg and heavy whipping cream mixture.
Step 6: Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and fry each side until crisp.
How To Make French Toast Not Soggy?
Soak the bread in the egg mixture for approx 20 seconds, and transfer to a separate sheet so that the bread is not sitting in the mixture. Add butter to the skillet and cook on low heat, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crispy. To keep the finished french toast warm, turn the oven on to 200 F and place the french toast on a clean baking sheet until ready to serve.
Is It Better To Use Butter or Oil for my French Toast?
You can use either one, but if you are using butter, make sure that your griddle or cast-iron skillet does not get hotter than 375 F causing the butter to burn. Wipe the pan clean after every 2 batches of toast.
How To Store French Toast?
Place the low carb french toast in an airtight container or bag, and refrigerate within the first two hours of cooking for 3-4 days. To freeze, place in a freezer-friendly container and put in the freezer for 2-3 months. To reheat, place french toast in a skillet and cook each side until crispy and warm again.
More topping and cooking tips For Keto French Toast
- If you are looking for sugar-free syrup, I love this Lakanto Maple Syrup.
- You can make a couple of batches at once or bake this Family Sized loaf of Keto bread ahead of time to make it easier to make enough Keto French Toast for the entire family.
- I use a cast-iron skillet to fry the Keto French Toast. If you don’t have one, I have this one and love it.
- Powdered Monkfruit can be used for a fun topping along with berries and Lakanto sugar-free syrup. Feel free to top however you prefer.
Tip for Making Low Carb French Toast
I only included 1 tbsp of the heavy whipping cream in the nutritional information because most of it is left behind. You make more than you need so that you can coat the bread on both sides. Also, the sugar alcohols from Swerve are not included since most subtract to calculate net carbs.
Other Keto Breakfast Options:
More Keto Recipes
If you are looking for more keto-friendly recipes, don’t forget to check out our Low Carb Keto Recipe Index. I’ve done all of the work for you by testing out tons of delicious recipes until they are just perfect! You can easily build a menu plan your whole family will enjoy from our list of recipes.
How to Make Low Carb French Toast
90-Second Keto French Toast
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1¼ tablespoon butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
For the French Toast
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered Sugar
- Melt butter in a ceramic or glass bowl. (mine was about 6 inches)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for a minute or two.
- Cut bread in half.
- In a flat dish add 1 egg and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream and combine with a whisk.
- Soak bread on both sides in egg and heavy whipping cream mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and fry each side until crisp.