This Keto Sausage and Egg Casserole Omelet is an easy and satisfying low carb breakfast that can be made ahead for convenience. This keto breakfast recipe is simple to prep and makes for a hearty breakfast casserole that everyone will love.
HOW TO MAKE KETO SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE
I love an easy breakfast casserole I can make ahead at the beginning of the week that covers several days for us. Having breakfast already prepared makes mornings so much easier plus, there is little mess to clean, which is always a plus. All I have to do is pop a serving in the microwave, and breakfast for my kids is made.
As a homeschool momma, I’d rather spend less time at breakfast and finish our day a few minutes earlier in the afternoon. My hubby can grab a serving to enjoy before he leaves for work in the morning.
If you like this low carb breakfast casserole, make certain to check out this Keto Breakfast Bake with Ham, Eggs, and Cheese as well.
- Breakfast Sausage – You can use mild or hot.
- Green Bell Pepper – Also, use red and orange for different flavor profiles.
- Onion – Onions give any dish more flavor and texture/
- Eggs – Mixed to make the thickness once baked.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Gives it a bit of richness and adds fat to keep you full.
- Worcestershire sauce – Optional.
- Mustard – Adds additional flavor and pairs perfectly with sausage.
- Cheese – You can never have too much cheese. You can swap out different varieties if you prefer.
- Seasonings– Use as directed and then taste test.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish. In a skillet, brown sausage until it is halfway done, then add the chopped green bell pepper and chopped onion. Next, drain the excess grease.
Step 2: Add the sausage and veggie mixture to the casserole dish.
Step 3: In a bowl, combine all other ingredients reserving 1/4 cup of the cheese to sprinkle on top.
Step 4: Pour the egg mixture on top of the sausage and veggies, then use a spoon to stir a little in the casserole dish to combine all of the ingredients.
Step 5: Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top, then pop the casserole dish then bake in the oven for 20 to 23 minutes. Enjoy!
Garnish with fresh chives or parsley.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
I always use freshly grated cheese to avoid additives that are included in preshredded. I think the freshly shredded takes so much better.
I pour the drained sausage in a 9 X 13 casserole dish. If you had rather, you could mix it up with all the other ingredients then pour it in the casserole dish.
This Low Carb Sausage & Egg Casserole Omelet is the perfect breakfast with only two net carbs per serving.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE THE NIGHT BEFORE?
Absolutely. This is one of the best parts about this keto breakfast. It’s easy enough to whip up and have waiting in the fridge to bake in the morning. Meal prepping this simple egg bake is a great way to save time on hectic mornings.
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVERS OF THIS SAUSAGE, EGG & CHEESE CASSEROLE?
Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Any longer than that and you might want to think about freezing it to enjoy another time. I typically freeze in single servings wrapped in plastic wrap; then, I put all of them in a freezer-safe container or zip lock baggy. When you’re ready to eat the leftovers, just pop in the microwave for a few short seconds and enjoy.
MORE LOW CARB BREAKFAST RECIPES:
If you love our simple sausage egg cheese breakfast casserole, then I know you will enjoy checking out all of my family’s favorite recipes in my Keto Recipes Index. With tons of delicious sweet and savory options perfect for the keto diet, you will love this tool. I’ve shared a few more favorites below for a quick start to your menu.
- Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage
- Keto Breakfast Bake with Ham, Eggs, and Cheese
- The Very Best Keto Waffles
- Keto Mixed Berry Muffins
- Keto Sausage Ball Puffs
- Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 20 Perfect Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Pumpkin Pancakes
- Ham & Egg Cups Breakfast Cups
- Keto/Low Carb Breakfast Ideas Without Eggs!
Keto Sausage & Egg Casserole Omelet
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (mild or hot)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 tsp regular mustard
- dash nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- In a skillet, brown sausage until it is halfway done, then add the chopped green bell pepper and chopped onion. Next, drain the excess grease.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients reserving 1/4 cup of the cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Add the sausage and veggies to the casserole dish, then pour the egg mixture on top and use a spoon to stir a little in the casserole dish to combine all of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top, then pop the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 23 minutes. Enjoy!