Keto Sausage & Egg Casserole Omelet is an easy and satisfying breakfast that can be made ahead for convenience.
I love an easy breakfast casserole I can make ahead at the beginning of the week that covers several days for us. Having breakfast already prepared makes mornings so much easier plus, there is little mess to clean, which is always a plus. All I have to do is pop a serving in the microwave and breakfast for my kids is done. As a homeschool momma, I’d rather spend less time at breakfast and finish our day a few minutes earlier in the afternoon. My hubby can grab a serving to enjoy before he leaves for work in the morning. Once I make the Sausage & Egg Casserole Omelet I cut it up into individual servings and store in a container in the fridge so that it doesn’t take up so much shelf space.
Brown, the breakfast sausage about halfway, then add the veggies and continue browning. You could also add chopped mushrooms or spinach if desired.
I pour the drained sausage in a 9 X 13 casserole dish. If you had rather you could mix it up with all the other ingredients then pour it in the casserole dish.
I always use freshly grated cheese to avoid additives that are included in preshredded. I think the freshly shredded takes so much better.
Omelets are always a challenge for me to keep in one piece. This Sausage & Egg Casserole Omelet is the best of both worlds.
Other delicious Keto Breakfast Recipes:
- Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage
- Keto Breakfast Bake with Ham, Eggs, and Cheese
- The Very Best Keto Waffles
- Keto Mixed Berry Muffins
- Keto Sausage Ball Puffs
- Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 20 Perfect Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Pumpkin Pancakes
- Ham & Egg Cups Breakfast Cups
This Low Carb Sausage & Egg Casserole Omelet is the perfect breakfast with only two net carbs per serving.
Don’t Miss any new Keto Recipes
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here. It’s all about learning what works best for you and your family.
How to make Keto Sausage & Egg Casserole Omelet
Keto Sausage & Egg Casserole Omelet
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (mild or hot)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 tsp mustard
- dash nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- In a skillet brown sausage until it is halfway done then add the chopped green bell pepper and chopped onion. Next, drain the excess grease.
- In a bowl combine all other ingredients reserving 1/4 cup of the cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Add the sausage and veggies to the casserole dish then pour the egg mixture on top and use a spoon to stir a little in the casserole dish to combine all of the ingredients,
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top then pop the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 23 minutes. Enjoy!