My Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage is such a popular breakfast in our house. Tons of yummy flavor and protein to start your day! It is an ideal make ahead breakfast recipe since it reheats beautifully!
Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage
My family loves my Keto/Low Carb Sausage Ball Puffs, but sometimes I don’t want to take the time to scoop out every single one and bake them in batches. When my time is short, I can make this Keto/Low Carb Sausage Breakfast Casserole instead. It is basically the same recipe except I subbed out the cheddar cheese for Monterrey Jack cheese since that is what I had on hand today.
My hubby and big kids love spicy foods, so I made it with hot sausage. I’m pretty much a wimp when it comes to hot stuff, but the hot sausage was pretty mild. This Keto breakfast casserole warms up nicely in an air fryer or wrapped in aluminum foil in the oven.
I’m a little bit of a leftover snob as I want my food to taste as close as possible to fresh out of the oven so I rarely warm up foods like this in the microwave. However, my family enjoys this recipe so much; I’ll probably have to make two casseroles to have enough to last for a couple of days.
Serving Keto Breakfast Casserole
While I love just this as a great stand-alone meal, some prefer a little something extra to go alongside this for breakfast. In that case, you can easily whip up a batch of our keto biscuit recipe. Just slice them in half, toast, and add a portion of this keto breakfast casserole to create a delicious and easy breakfast sandwich!
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb breakfast sausage browned and drained (can use mild or hot)
- 4 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp full fat sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sour cream then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Add drained browned sausage and shredded cheese.
- Stir until combined then pour batter in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until it starts to brown a little around the edges.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. These are both great places to find more recipes like our keto breakfast casserole. If you are tired of eggs, there are tons of other options that are ideal for breakfast!