Keto Mocha Chocolate Fat Bombs are such a fun addition to your keto diet. Everyone loves a good excuse to eat chocolate, and these are my favorite! Make a batch and keep it on hand for those days you just need that chocolate pick-me-up to fit into your macros.
What Is a Fat Bomb?
A fat bomb is an indulgent keto dessert made with fat bases like heavy whipping cream, oil, or nut butter. Fat bombs also have less sweetness than a traditional dessert because of the sugar-free sweeteners. The point of this dessert is to keep you full while also satisfying your sweet tooth. If you’re craving a dessert or need a filling snack, keto fat bombs are the way to go!
Keto Mocha Chocolate Fat Bombs
I enjoy something a little sweet in the evenings. It doesn’t take much, and I try not to indulge every single day, but a little treat goes a long way to satisfy my sugar cravings. Having tried all different varieties of fat bombs including Chocolate Mousse, Peanut Butter Fluff, Strawberry Fat Bombs, and Lemon Fat Bombs, I thought that Mocha Chocolate Fat Bombs would be a nice change.
These Mocha Fat Bombs are so easy to make. You can whip up a batch in ten minutes, but you’ll have to wait for them to set up in the freezer to dig in. Since it naturally takes a little longer to eat frozen fat bombs, I have found that they help with portion control. So, if you struggle with eating too many Keto Fat Bombs at a sitting, try frozen fat bombs as I have found that I get satisfied much more quickly.
How to make fat bombs
Most fat bomb recipes start with a coconut oil base. You can then add in a mixture of dry ingredients and flavors to create a deliciously creamy treat that everyone enjoys. Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe in printable form.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– This is the main base of the dessert. This is whipped to make these fat bombs super fluffy and delectable!
- Cocoa– This is how you get the indulgent chocolate flavor! Make sure to use Unsweetened Cocoa so there’s no added sugar.
- Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener– This is the main sweetener of the fat bombs.
- Espresso– I love adding espresso to my chocolate desserts to make it “mocha” flavored! It gives it a slight coffee taste without being overwhelming.
- Vanilla– This is to give the dessert some added flavor.
- 100% Sugar-Free Chocolate– This is totally optional but you can shave pieces of this sugar-free chocolate on top of your keto Chocolate Fat Bombs for extra sweetness!
Steps to Making Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs:
Step 1: In a medium mixing bowl, place 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and beat until soft peaks begin to form.
Step 2: Add all other ingredients and mix again to combine.
Step 3: Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
These mocha chocolate fat bombs are perfectly portioned in the cupcake liners. This makes them super easy to make in larger batches to freeze for later!
Step 4: Using a plastic baggie or icing bag, pipe mixture into liners.
Tip: Shave 100% sugar-free chocolate to sprinkle on top.
Step 5: Place into the freezer until frozen.
Step 6: Remove from the freezer and place in a sealed container to store in the freezer.
What Is the Nutrition Information for 1 Keto Chocolate Fat Bomb?
There are only 186 calories in one fat bomb! There are 2 carbs, 19 fat, and 1 protein per fat bomb, so you can easily enjoy these for dessert.
What If I Don’t Have Heavy Whipping Cream?
If you don’t have heavy whipping cream, you can combine softened butter and half-and-half to form a thickened cream similar to heavy cream.
What’s the Best Sugar-Free Chocolate Brand?
I personally love these Lily’s Dark Chocolate Bars! They’re sweetened with Stevia, so they’re still sweet without all the carbs!
Can I Use Another Sweetener Besides Swerve?
Yes! You can use this Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener to substitute Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener.
Can You Use Espresso Powder Instead of Espresso?
If you have espresso powder on hand like this one, you can use it! I switch between ground espresso and espresso powder, depending on what I have on hand.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
We love adding chocolate to our menu for those days when you need just a bit of extra sweetness. If you haven’t checked our Keto Recipe Index yet, make sure to check it out today. I share tons of great updates on classics, making them better for macros. Make delicious meals and treats for your family and stay keto-friendly.
Mocha Fat Bombs
- Place 2 cups of heavy whipping cream in a medium mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- Add all other ingredients and mix again until combined.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Using a plastic baggie or icing bag, pipe mixture into liners. Optional: Shave 100% sugar-free chocolate to sprinkle on top.
- Place into the freezer till frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and place in a sealed container to store in the freezer.