Since I started posting Keto/Low Carb recipes a couple of months ago, my family is always coming up with recipe ideas for me. They truly have been such a fabulous resource of inspiration for me. Yesterday, my oldest daughter said, “Mom, you need to make chocolate covered bacon!” Immediately, I knew that she was right. So, today after church I ran in the grocery store to buy a package of thick cut bacon and as soon as we walked in the door after church, I got to work. This is one of those recipes that is truly stupid easy. Since I am all about making life easy, I just drizzled the chocolate on top of the bacon instead of trying to dip the bacon in chocolate as it would have been hard to keep it from crumbling. Maybe I’m lazy, but I’m going to call it efficient. Lily’s sugarfree chocolate chips are my favorite. If your local store doesn’t carry them, they are available on Amazon.
Serves: 12 pieces
- Cook bacon and allow to drain and cool.
- Lay bacon flat on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Spray a small glass bowl with cooking spray.
- Add ¼ cup Lily's Chocolate Chips to the bowl.
- Cook in the microwave for 30 seconds then stir.
- Continue cooking in 15-second intervals
stirring betweenuntil the chocolate is melted.
- Spoon chocolate into a ziplock bag and cut a tiny triangle in one of the bottom corners.
- Squeeze all of the melted chocolate towards the tiny cut in the bottom of the bag.
- Squeeze the bag and move it back and forth above the bacon so that the chocolate drizzles evenly on the bacon until the bag is empty
- Place cookie sheet in the fridge so that the chocolate can set.