Oh my goodness! This Lemon Keto Bomb Recipe is so delicious! Fat bombs often get a bad rap, but this Lemon Fat Bomb is light and refreshing and a perfect keto dessert. I love the lemon flavor, and I know you will too. Check out my easy recipe and make a batch for yourself or a friend!
This lemon keto bomb recipe is such a refreshing, fun treat. I love how easy they are to make. If recipes are too complicated, then I typically don’t make them. These no-bake Lemon Fat Bombs only require four ingredients and can be ready for the freezer in about 10 minutes without heating the kitchen.
This recipe is much like my Strawberry Fat Bombs but tweaked just a bit to add lemon to have an entirely different flavor. Even if you don’t love to cook or aren’t experienced making fat bombs, anyone can make these. Since fat is the most significant part of a Ketogenic Diet, having Fat Bombs on hand when hunger or cravings hit can keep you on track.
I don’t love a lot of extra tools in my kitchen, as I like to keep it simple, but I have found that a zester and citrus juicer comes in handy.
Be careful when using a zester, as you only want to use the very top layer of the lemon zest. If you go any deeper, you will be getting the bitter part of the lemon peel.
- Whipping Cream– High fat and low carb, heavy whipping cream is the perfect base for your fat bombs.
- Zested Lemon Peel– Used to add additional lemon flavor. If you do not have a zester, see below for tips and other zesting methods.
- Lemon Juice– When making these fat bombs, I use freshly squeezed lemon juice. To get 3 tbsp of lemon juice, you will need to juice about half a lemon.
- Swerve Confectioners– A carb-conscience sugar alternative. Swerve Confectioners sugar is a must for your keto desserts. See below for other sugar alternatives.
Steps for Lemon Keto Bomb Recipe:
You can scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe, but I like including my step-by-step photo tutorial. Some people prefer seeing the process visually, so check it out!
Step 1: Place all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Step 2: Using an electric mixer, mix beat the batter until soft peaks form.
Step 3: Put cupcake liners into a muffin tin, then set them aside.
Step 4: Use a plastic baggie or icing bag to pipe the mixture into liners.
Step 5: If you’d like, sprinkle the optional lemon zest on top and place it into the freezer. Once the Lemon Fat Bombs are frozen, place them in a sealed container and store them in the freezer.
WHAT ARE KETO BOMBS?
Usually made with a high-fat base such as cream cheese, heavy cream, coconut oil, or nut butter, keto bombs are high-fat, low carb, sugar-free, bite-sized treats. These keto desserts are a great snacking option for anyone on a keto diet (or anyone who isn’t), curbing sugar cravings and providing energy. Keto bombs can be made in a variety of ways, and flavors can be customized to fit an individual’s preference. See below for more of my delicious keto bomb recipes.
HOW TO ZEST A LEMON WITHOUT A ZESTER?
Adding lemon zest is a great way to add a burst of flavor to your lemon fat bombs and other keto desserts. Zest of one medium-sized lemon equals around one tablespoon of zest.
I used a citrus zester; however, if you don’t have one, don’t worry; there are other techniques to use.
Option 1, a cheese grater: When using a cheese grater, make sure you use the side with the small holes to get the thinly grated zest.
Option 2, a knife: Carefully cut the yellow peel off the lemon, avoiding the white pith as much as possible. Once the peel has been removed, chop it into fine pieces.
WHAT ARE KETO-FRIENDLY SUGAR ALTERNATIVES?
When I make this lemon keto bomb recipe, I like to use swerve confectioners sugar. Swerve is a natural, calorie-free sweetener that doesn’t raise blood sugar. The best part, it measures like sugar, so using it as a sugar substitute is easy! If you don’t have to swerve confectioners sugar, try using Powdered Monk fruit Sweetener. Similar to Swerve confectioners sugar, powdered monk fruit sweetener has zero carbs and zero calories. This keto-friendly sugar alternative also substitutes with sugar 1:1.
Tip: When making desserts, I do not recommend using stevia as a sweetener, as it tends to taste bitter in baked goods.
Easy & Refreshing Lemon Fat Bombs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp finely zested lemon peel
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 3 - 4 tbsp Swerve Confectioners (to taste)
- 2 tbsp finely zested lemon peel for garnishing (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer mix till soft peaks form
- Put cupcake liners into a muffin tin, then set aside.
- Using a plastic baggie or icing bag carefully pipe mixture into the cupcake liners.
- If desired, sprinkle extra lemon zest on top. Place Lemon Fat Bombs into the freezer. Once frozen place into a sealed container and store in the freezer.
More Keto Bomb Recipes
I know you are going to love these light lemon keto bombs. If you are looking for more great recipes, make sure to bookmark our Keto Recipe Index. Check out our other favorites listed below!
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink Fat Bomb Recipe
- Strawberry Keto Bomb Recipe
- Keto Pumpkin Fluff Fat Bombs
- Mocha Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Peanut Butter Fat Bombs/Peanut Butter Fluff Recipe
OTHER LEMON KETO DESSERTS:
- Keto Lemon Bread Recipe
- Keto Muffins with Lemon and Blueberries
- Lemon Berry Keto Cream Cheese Dessert
- The Best Ever Keto Lemon Pie