This Keto Monterey Chicken Recipe is going to knock your socks off! I love serving up cheesy recipes, and this one is a perfect solution to dinnertime that is family-friendly and easy to prepare. Check out the full recipe below and add to your meal plan today!
Keto Monterey Chicken Recipe
I remember years ago loving the Monterey Chicken at Chili’s Restaurant Grill & Bar. Then, they took it off the menu, and it has been just a distant memory ever since. Since starting Keto earlier this year, I have thought about making a keto friendly version. In fact, I did post a very lazy crockpot version of the recipe that is keto friendly/low carb. You can find that recipe here.
The other day, I was craving Monterey Chicken at lunch and didn’t have time to wait for my crockpot, so I made a skillet version that is keto/low carb friendly. It turned out so flavorful and delicious! All in all, it took about 25 minutes from start to finish since I had already cooked the bacon earlier in the day. However, you could bake the bacon in the oven while the chicken is cooking on the stove to make the best use of your time. I hope you enjoy this Monterey Chicken as much as we did.
A cast iron skillet works best with this recipe so that you can go from stove to oven in one pan.
- In a hot oven-safe skillet, add olive oil and butter.(I use this skillet)
- Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Sear chicken on each side for about 4 minutes each on medium/high, then cover with a lid and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Spoon BBQ sauce on top of each chicken breast.
- Divide the cooked bacon evenly and place on top of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of bacon.
- Finish off the chicken with Monterey Jack Cheese and sprinkle parsley on top.
- Turn oven to broil and place skillet in the oven on top rack.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. (make sure skillet is oven safe)
Nutritional Information for Monterey Chicken Recipe
This nutritional information is based on my calculations made in the MyFitnessPal app for 3 servings. If you are interested in using an app for your daily calculations, check out our post with the best keto apps to count macros.
Calories 525, Fat 39g, Protein 42g, Carbs 3.8
**The calorie content is probably not as high as the app figures since some of the butter and oil used to cook the chicken in stayed in the skillet.
More Keto Friendly Recipes
I know you are going to absolutely love my keto Monterey chicken recipe. To plan the rest of your menu, make sure to take advantage of all the great options in my Keto/Low Carb recipe index. You’ll find more support on our Facebook support group here and as well on Pinterest here. Below are just a few of our favorites to check out!