This easy-to-make Keto Pumpkin Mousse recipe is a must all year long! Rich and full of pumpkin spice flavor, this fluffy pumpkin keto dessert with cream cheese is delectable.
Keto pumpkin desserts start getting popular every year around mid-August. Since my hubby loves anything and everything, pumpkin, I thought I’d work on a recipe for Keto Pumpkin Mousse. I knew one of his favorite keto dessert recipes is Peanut Butter Fluff, so a recipe for keto pumpkin mousse was an obvious choice.
It is optional, but I love the crunch that nuts add to a low-carb dessert recipe. It changes the texture and gives it much more depth. Although optional, adding a few pecans and sugar-free Lilly’s chocolate chips are a tasty addition to keto pumpkin cheesecake mousse.
Note: Walnuts make a great addition as well.
Ingredients for Keto Pumpkin Mouse:
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Heavy whipping cream is high in fat and makes for a great base when making these pumpkin fluff keto bombs. I like to use heavy cream because compared to whipping cream, it is creamier and tends to hold its shape better.
- Cream cheese – It gives pumpkin fluff a smooth cheesecake-like consistency! What more could you want? I use Philadelphia brand full fat cream cheese as it contains fewer ingredients and carbs than other brands.
- Pumpkin Puree– Relatively low in carbs and can be enjoyed during keto.
- Vanilla extract – Add some more flavor with a splash of vanilla!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice– Usually composed of a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice, Pumpkin Pie Spice is incredibly flavorsome.
- Swerve Confectioners– A keto-friendly sweetener with zero carbs and zero calories.
- Unsweetened Chocolate– Look for Baker’s or dark chocolate with no sugar.
- Optional: Pecans and Lily’s Chocolate Chips– Add some crunch to your pumpkin keto bomb with pecans and chocolate chips. With Lily’s chocolate chips you can stay in ketosis and still enjoy chocolate. These chocolate chips are low carb and sweetened with erythritol and stevia. Plus, they come in a variety of different flavors!
Steps to make Low Carb Pumpkin Mousse:
Step 1: Whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form in a medium mixing bowl, then set aside.
Tip: Do not use a warm bowl or utensils, or the heavy cream may not form stiff peaks
Tip: Make sure the cream cheese has been completely softened otherwise, it will be chunky, and your mousse won’t be fluffy and smooth.
Step 3: Add the pumpkin cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and mix on medium speed until fluffy.
Step 4: Grate chocolate shavings on top.
Step 5: Optional: Add pecans and Lily’s Chocolate Chips.
Tip: Best if kept in the refrigerator overnight and served the next day.
IS PUMPKIN KETO-FRIENDLY?
Pumpkin is a winter squash that can be incorporated into various dishes and desserts! Unlike other winter squashes, Pumpkin is relatively low in carbs (4-12g of carbs per 100 g of pumpkin) and can be incorporated into a keto diet! That being said, make sure you are keeping track of your portions. Keto pumpkin mousse only uses ¼ cup of pumpkin puree spread across six servings, making it a little less than three net carbs per serving.
MORE Fat Bomb Keto Desserts
Keto bombs are versatile and a great way to add fat to your keto diet to help you stay full. If you liked these pumpkin fluff fat bombs, try some of my other recipes. With so many different recipes, you will always be able to find a keto bomb to hit the spot, no matter your craving.
MORE KETO PUMPKIN RECIPES:
More Keto Lifestyle Tips
If you are just getting started following a keto diet and want more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here. You can also check out our list of healthy fats for the keto diet to learn more about how high fat works for your body.
If you are still skeptical about the keto lifestyle, check out the five benefits of the keto diet that we believe are great for your health.
Easy Keto Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
- Whip heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks in a medium mixing bowl, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the softened cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and Swerve sweetener, then mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese pumpkin mixture to the whipped cream and mix on medium speed until fluffy.
- With a cheese grater or zester, grate the sugar-free chocolate shavings on top of the pumpkin mousse.
- Optional: Add pecans and Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Best if kept in the refrigerator overnight and served the next day.