Although, I am usually home all day most days Tuesdays is our homeschool community day. After being gone all day, I need quick dinners, which usually means crock pot meals or putting my Instant Pot to work. Since it has been cooler this week, I’ve been in the mood for soup. My favorite part about soup is that it’s typically a one pot meal, which means less mess to clean up afterward. Also, most soup recipes make quite a bit making lunch easier the next couple of days. This Unstuffed Cabbage Soup is keto/low carb friendly and can be made either in the Instant Pot, Crock Pot, or on the stove. I’ve posted directions for each below for your convenience. This Unstuffed Cabbage Soup turned out fabulous. Adding the Bragg’s Aminos gave it such rich flavor without adding a lot of carbs. You can always add riced cauliflower to the recipe as well if you miss the rice that is usually in cabbage rolls. I thought it turned out great as is.
- ½ of a small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Bragg's Aminos
- 1 small/medium cabbage, chopped
- 3 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute and brown ground beef with diced onions and garlic then drain.
- Add beef mixture back to the Instant Pot then add all other ingredients.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and turn to lock position.
- Turn Instant Pot off Saute by pressing the off button, then press soup.
- Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure and complete the soup cycle.
- After the cycle is over, do a quick release of the steam valve. I always place a dish towel on the valve, so it doesn't spew hot steam on my hand.
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic then drain.
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and place lid on top. Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low or until cabbage reaches desired tenderness.
- In a stock pot brown ground beef with onions and garlic.
- Drain then return to pot.
- Add all other ingredients and cook covered on low/medium for 45 min to 1 hour or until cabbage is tender.
Nutritional Information provided by MyFitnessPal app based on 9 (1 cup) servings – 217 calories, Fat 14.8, Protein 15.6, carbs 6.4g – Fiber 2.1g = 4.3 Net Carbs