Years ago we used to order a meal at Chili’s Restaurant that included a chicken breast smothered in bbq sauce, bacon and cheese. Since we’ve started following a keto/low carb lifestyle, I thought it would make a fabulous dinner. So, last weekend when my in-laws were in town we went to Chili’s for dinner. I was so excited to order this again, but to my dismay, it’s no longer offered on the menu. Looking back, it is probably a good thing since regular bbq sauce is so high in carbs. Instead, our waitress was happy to oblige and asked the kitchen to make me something similar without bbq sauce. Although, it was yummy bbq sauce would have made it amazing. Last week for dinner I was determined to make it, especially after finding sugar free BBQ sauce! Yay!! The BBQ Chicken with Bacon & Cheese turned out especially delicious, and it was so easy to make! My entire family loved it.
- 1 large package of boneless skinless chicken breast or breast tenderloins
- 1 cup sugar-free bbq sauce
- garlic pepper seasoning (or your favorite chicken seasoning)
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 6 pieces of bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken generously with garlic pepper seasoning.
- Cook boneless skinless chicken in slow cooker 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. If cooking tenderloins decrease time to 5 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and chop into large pieces.
- Place chicken in bottom of greased casserole dish. (I used an 8 inch dish). Pour 2 tablespoon melted butter on top.
- Poursugar-free BBQ sauce on top of chicken.
- Crumble bacon on top of bbq chicken.
- Cover with a mixture of Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
on400 degrees until cheese is melted.
- You can place casserole dish on
topshelf on broil for 2 minutes at the end if you'd like the cheese to brown.
Nutritional Information based on MyFitnessPal App (5 servings) – Calories 142, Fat 10.9, Carbs 3.3, Protein 6.7