If you want a keto friendly treat, then my Coconut Haystack Recipe is just what you need. This is super easy to make and stores great so you have a sweet treat all week long!
Coconut Haystack Recipe
I have to admit, that I still like something sweet after dinner. It doesn’t have to be much, just a little bite or two is satisfying. I’ve tried lots of different fat bomb recipes and have liked most of them. Since I started keto, I’ve had lots of people ask if I have tried Lily’s Chocolate Chips. Up until yesterday, I had not. Hello, amazing!
They are sugar-free, Non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, and fair trade. They are also low in carbs with one serving being only two net carbs, and they taste great. Since my days are hectic, I wanted to create an easy recipe that would satisfy my sweet craving. I love coconut and chocolate and thought homemade chocolate haystacks would be the perfect solution. Gracious, I was right! They turned out so delicious!
Now, where do you find Lily’s Chocolate Chips? I haven’t found anywhere locally that sells Lily’s Chocolate Chips, so I ordered mine online. I’ve heard that Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Fresh Market carries them. They aren’t cheap, but are worth it to me! Here are two options, if you can’t find any at your local store. Amazon is my first go-to resource for most everything. You can find Lily’s Chips here. Also, as I mentioned in my post, 10 Easy Ways to Eat Keto on a Budget, Vitacost is a great resource for Keto and healthy living-related items. You can get $5 free off your first purchase for creating a new account here. Once you create your account, search “Lily’s Chocolate Chips” in the search bar to see current pricing.
Coconut Haystacks (Keto /Low Carb)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread coconut on a cookie sheet and bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir, then cook again for 3 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned.
- Using a double boiler, bring water to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Add 1/2 a bag of Lily's Chocolate Chips and butter in a double boiler and stir until completely melted.
- Add toasted coconut to melted chocolate. Unsweetened coconut varies in shape and size so it may take a little less than the amount I have listed. Keep adding coconut until it is completely coated with the melted chocolate.
- Spoon approx a 1/2 to 3/4 a tablespoon at a time on parchment paper.
- Set in freezer for 10 minutes, then store in the fridge.
Nutritional Information for Keto Coconut Haystacks Recipe
If you are like many, you are curious about what this whole keto thing is about. We have a great Guide to Getting Started with Keto that is perfect for helping you to learn more about the process and get off to a good start. You may want to know how much of each thing to eat every day. Use our post with the Best Keto Apps to Count Macros to help learn more about where to begin.
Nutritional Information per MyFitnessPal app – 123 Calories, Fat 11.4, Protein, 1.3, Carbs 8.1 – 5.2 Fiber & 1.8 Sugar Alcohols = 1.1 Net Carbs
More Keto Recipes
If you love this easy keto coconut haystack recipe, then you will love the others listed in my Keto Recipe Index. Below are a few of my personal favorite dessert like treats!