If you’ve been searching for a Keto Meringue Cookie that is sugar-free, this is the recipe for you! Pecans and chocolate chips make this sweet treat extra special. With added delicious ingredients, you’ll love the sweetness and crunch!
Keto Sugar-Free Meringue Cookie Recipe
Six ingredients from start to finish are all you’ll need to make this amazing Sugar-Free Keto Meringue Cookie recipe. The first time that I made these cookies, I was hooked. Not only are they keto friendly, but they are light and airy, making each bite a true delight.
I took one of my momma’s recipes that she makes every Christmas and tweaked it to make it keto friendly. They just might be my new favorite keto cookie during the holiday time because something about them just screams “Christmas” to me, but honestly, with how simple and keto-friendly they are, they are truly perfect to make during any time of the year. What I love most about this keto meringue cookie recipe is how simple they are to make. There aren’t any extensive steps, and before you know it you have a divine dessert ready and waiting to enjoy!
To start off, if you are new to the Keto lifestyle and looking for how to get started, check out our best keto resources for newbies!
- Egg whites — As with any good meringue, this keto meringue cookie recipe starts off with egg whites. This gives the cookies that signature light and airy texture.
- Lily’s chocolate chips – of course, you have to have chocolate to make them extra delicious
- Chopped pecans — These give the keto meringue cookies a delicious nutty flavor and crunchy texture. If you are not a fan of pecans or are allergic, you can substitute in another nut or leave them out.
- Sugar-Free Sweetener – there are so many great options for keto-friendly sweeteners.
- Vanilla extract — A dash of vanilla adds more complexity of flavor to these cookies.
Steps for making Keto Meringue Cookies:
Step 1: First off, preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then add both kinds of Monkfruit 1 tablespoon at a time.
Tip: The key to making a great meringue cookie is making sure you start with a dry bowl and beaters. Also, it’s important to completely separate the yolk from the egg whites. Then, beat the eggs until you get stiff peaks. It will take some time for this to happen so be patient. If you have a stand mixture, it certainly makes it much easier.
Step 2: As you can see, the beaten egg whites to the left of the bowl, are nice and thick after beating. Carefully fold in other ingredients.
Step 3: Next, scoop out the cookie batter onto your prepared baking sheet. I prefer to use a cookie scoop to get nice rounded uniform cookies of similar sizes.
Step 4: Finally, bake the cookies for 35 minutes, then turn the oven off and leave cookies in the oven for an additional 28 minutes. Remove the keto meringue cookies from the cookie sheet and cool.
You’ll love them just as much as we do, trust me. This is one of those keto desserts that are truly enjoyable and great to share with others. (even if they aren’t on the keto diet!)
How do you fix a runny meringue?
Meringues can be tricky to make, especially if you are making one for the first time. However, the key is keeping the egg whites stiff by adding in the sugar gradually. If you find that your meringue has gone runny after adding the sugar, your egg whites likely were not whipped for long enough before moving on to the next step. Make sure to beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks before adding the sugar. After you reach that point, add the Monkfruit a tablespoon at a time.
What should you do if your egg whites don’t stiffen?
As I mentioned before, the key to stiff egg whites is starting with a completely dry bowl and beaters. If your bowl has any soap residue lingering, it will prevent the egg whites from getting stiff. Make sure you rinse and dry your bowl and beaters thoroughly before whipping up your egg whites. If you continue to have trouble with your egg whites, you can add a teaspoon of cream of tartar. This will help stabilize the egg whites and stiffen things up nicely.
More Keto Dessert Recipes:
How to Make Keto Meringue Cookies with Pecans and Chocolate Chips
Keto Sugar-Free Meringue Cookies with Chocolate Chips & Pecans
- Preheat oven to 250 and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then add both kinds of Monkfruit 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Then add vanilla, chopped pecans, and Lily’s chocolate chips and fold in carefully.
- Scoop out cookie batter with a small cookie scoop onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes then turn oven off and leave cookies in the oven for an additional 28 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool.