Sweet bread recipes make such a tasty breakfast with a piping hot cup of coffee! My Homemade Keto Blueberry Bread Recipe is a delicious treat. Combining delicious blueberries with zesty lemon gives this recipe the incredible flavor you imagine without all of the carbs you dread!
Homemade Keto Blueberry Bread Recipe
After my pumpkin bread turned out so delicious, I was excited to experiment with various other flavors. The challenge in creating a recipe for loaves of bread that are keto friendly is you don’t want them to taste eggy because when you are craving bread, you aren’t craving eggs. (Can I get an amen?) However, it is a delicate balance as to add just enough to get the right amount of moisture without being too eggy. It takes some practice, but once you figure out how to make the bread moist it’s all downhill from there.
I was shocked at how good this Keto blueberry bread recipe turned out. Somehow, the bread was amazingly crusty, which means that it is definitely not eggy! I call that a success. When I asked my son to taste it, he responded with, “Mom, that is really really good. Yum!” That in itself is a success in my book.
I always recommend gathering all the ingredients first before getting started. That way you aren’t right in the middle of making the batter for homemade keto blueberry bread when you discover you are missing an ingredient.
I think one thing I love about this recipe for Keto Blueberry Bread is that even if you aren’t an experienced baker, you can still make it.
It is one of those dump everything in the bowl kind of recipes. I use coconut flour in my recipes due to my oldest daughter’s tree nut allergy. If you prefer almond flour, the substitution is 4x the amount of coconut flour.
I highly recommend using parchment paper when you make this homemade Keto Blueberry Bread as keto-friendly flours tend to be very sticky.
Yum! It turns out perfectly every single time!
You could skip the lemon glaze if you wanted to, but truly it makes this homemade Low Carb Blueberry Bread amazing!
Serving Keto Blueberry Bread Recipe
This Keto Blueberry Bread is delicious toasted with a big pat of butter and a cup of coffee. It also freezes beautifully. Or, for a really fun alternative, you can use it to make Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole. You can easily make large batches and slice into individual pieces, or freeze the entire loaf. Just pop it into your refrigerator for 24 hours to thaw.
- Slice and toast before adding a bit of butter
- Cook down fresh blueberries with Swerve or Monk Fruit to create a blueberry syrup
- Use in place of traditional bread for a “French Toast.”
- Use in place of traditional bread along with heavy whipping cream to create a bread pudding
How to make Low Carb Blueberry Bread Recipe:
Homemade Keto Blueberry Bread
For the Bread:
For the Icing:
- 2 tablespoons Monkfruit Powdered
- 1 teaspoon butter melted
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- dash of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a regular loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter.
- Beat eggs, Monkfruit Classic, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture and beat again until combined.
- Stir in the coconut flour until thoroughly combined.
- This part of the instructions has been updated. To keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the pan, spoon a small amount of batter in the loaf pan, then sprinkle a couple of blueberries on top. Continue layering batter then blueberries a couple of times ending with batter on top. This will keep the blueberries spread out and they will not sink to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 5 minutes.
- For the Icing:
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Can add more heavy whipping cream if needed.
- Drizzle over warm bread.