Strawberry season means I am craving a good Keto Strawberry Shortcake Recipe. Since berries are one of the fruits that are lowest in carbs, I knew I could tweak my 90-second bread recipe to make a shortcake base that would be perfect for fresh, flavorful berries all season long.
KETO STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE
My very favorite dessert is Strawberry Shortcake. My grandmother used to make a six-layer strawberry shortcake that was out of this world. With the weather warming up, I’m starting to see fresh strawberries everywhere, which, of course, makes me start thinking about keto/low carb foods with berries.
So far, I’ve made a Lemon Berry Fluff and Mixed Berry Muffins that turned out fantastic! The other day cravings for a Strawberry Shortcake hit me out of nowhere, so I started experimenting with a keto-friendly 90-second cake recipe version. It took many different trials and errors in my test kitchen for this Keto Strawberry Shortcake before settling on THE ONE.
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE
Just follow the simple directions below to make this simple low-carb shortcake recipe. Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and printable instructions.
- Coconut flour – I use coconut flour in my keto recipes since my oldest daughter is allergic to almonds.
- Butter – adds fat to the recipe.
- Cream cheese – adds fat to the recipe and flavor.
- Monkfruit Powdered – keto-friendly sweetener
- Egg white – used as a binder
- Heavy whipping cream – just a bit goes a long way to give this recipe just the right amount of moisture.
- Vanilla extract – I use real vanilla and not imitation for the best flavor.
- Baking powder
- Strawberries – ripe delicious strawberries make this cake amazing.
Step 1: Grease a 6-inch ramekin well, then add butter and cream cheese and melt in the microwave.
When a sweet craving hits, you’ll be shocked to see how fast you can whip up this delicious 90-Second Keto Strawberry Shortcake using the microwave oven. With just a few ingredients, it’s nice to make an individual serving without investing a lot of time in the kitchen.
Step 2: Add all other ingredients and whisk together until combined. Then, cook for 90 seconds in the microwave, remove from the dish, and cool.
Tips for Making Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake
- Don’t eat this cake without some kind of topping, as I find most keto-type cakes can be dry due to the keto-friendly flours we use in keto desserts. Don’t worry; fresh strawberries and whipping cream come to the rescue and make this cake moist and delicious. Take note: It’s important to make this cake very thin. I used a 6″ glass dish. Other cakes that I made that were thicker didn’t turn out as moist.
Step 4: In a separate bowl, dice strawberries (I used 2 strawberries) and add Monkfruit Powdered. Stir well. The longer you allow your strawberries to soak in the Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered Sweetener, the sweeter they taste.
Step 5: Poke holes in the 90-second cake and spoon strawberries on top.
This Keto Strawberry Shortcake is even better if you pop it in the fridge for a little while so that the strawberry juice saturates into the cake before adding the whipping cream. You can top the Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake with homemade sugar-free whipped cream or sugar-free Reddi Whip (if you are okay with the ingredients).
Step 6: Add Redi-Whip or homemade whipped topping if desired and enjoy!
Enjoy! This keto strawberry shortcake is absolutely amazing, and it totally hit the spot.
Can Keto Strawberry Shortcake be Made in Advance?
Sure! You can make it in advance and even allow the fresh strawberries to soak in the sweetener but wait to assemble the shortcake until right before eating.
Can You Freeze Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake?
The cake base can be made in advance and frozen. You can wrap each one in wax paper then store it in a freezer-safe container so that you can defrost one at a time.
Can I Use a Different Sweetener?
Yes, you could sub Swerve Confectioners at the same measurement or Besti Monk Fruit and Allulose Blend.
Nutritional Information for Keto Strawberry Shortcake
The sugar alcohols from Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered are not included in the nutritional information since most do not count in total carbs. There are 6 net carbs in the entire keto strawberry shortcake.
More Keto Recipes to Try
I love this recipe and believe it is the best queso recipe I’ve ever had. It is excellent for both keto dieters and non-keto diets. If you like this recipe, then you’ll love the ones we have on our Keto Recipe Index. There are tons of amazing recipes for dips, meals, soups, and desserts!
Low Carb Lifestyle Resources
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook, where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
Other Low Carb Desserts with Strawberries:
Lemon Berry Keto Cream Cheese Dessert – This mousse is so tasty with crushed pecans and unsweetened coconut on top. It tastes like a parfait.
Strawberry Keto Fat Bomb Recipe – When you need a little added fat to your day, it makes this easy, flavorful fat bomb.
Easy Keto Strawberry Pie – Sweet strawberries with a crunchy pecan crust make this dessert!
Mixed Berry Muffins – Moist, delicious, and full of ripe berries, these low-carb muffins make a wonderful breakfast.
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Recipe with 90-Second Bread
For the Strawberry Topping
- 1/4 cup strawberries diced
- 1 tsp Monkfruit Powdered
- Grease a 6-inch ramekin well then add butter and cream cheese and melt in the microwave.
- Add all other ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Cook for 90 seconds in the microwave then remove from dish and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, dice strawberries (I used 2 strawberries) and add Monkfruit Powdered. Stir well.
- Poke holes in the 90-second cake and spoon strawberries on top.
- Add Reddi-Whip or homemade whipped topping if desired and enjoy!
More Keto Dessert Recipes: