Strawberry season means I am craving a good Keto Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe. Since berries are one of the fruits that is lowest in carbs, I knew I could tweak my 90-second bread recipe to make a shortcake base that would be perfect for those fresh berries all season long.
Keto Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
My very favorite dessert is Strawberry Shortcake. My grandmother used to make a 6 layer strawberry shortcake that was out of this world. With the weather warming up, I’m starting to see fresh strawberries everywhere, which of course makes me start thinking about keto/low carb foods with berries.
So far, I’ve made a Lemon Berry Fluff and Mixed Berry Muffins that turned out fantastic! The other day cravings for a Strawberry Shortcake hit me out of nowhere, so I started experimenting with a 90-second cake recipe. Over the past week, I have made this Keto Strawberry Shortcake recipe many different ways with varying ingredients before settling on THE ONE.
Note: Now, I wouldn’t eat this cake by itself as I think most keto type cakes alone are kind of dry. Also, it’s important to make this cake very thin. I used a 6″ glass dish. Other cakes that I made that were thicker just weren’t as good since we have to limit the number of berries that we add. I think it is even better if you once you add the strawberry mixture to the cake you pop it in the fridge for a little while so that the strawberry juice begins to saturate the cake.
Low Carb Lifestyle Resources
Have you ever seen anything more keto-glorious? Is that even a word? I’m sure it wasn’t until I made this Keto Strawberry Shortcake. Now I know for certain that this is a way of life I could stick to forever and ever!
If you aren’t already following my Easy Keto/Low Carb Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, there are tons of fantastic resources. Amazon has several great books you may want to check out here.
For the Strawberry Topping
- 1/4 cup strawberries diced
- 1 tsp Swerve confectioners
- Grease a 6-inch ramekin well then add butter and cream cheese and melt in the microwave.
- Add all other ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Cook for 90 seconds in the microwave then remove from dish and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, dice strawberries (I used 2 strawberries) and add Swerve confectioners. Stir well.
- Poke holes in the 90-second cake and spoon strawberries on top.
- Add Reddi-Wip or homemade whipped topping if desired and enjoy!
More Keto Recipes
I know you are going to love my Keto Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe just as much as I do when you make it. So, of course, you will also want to check out all of my favorite low carb recipes in my Keto/low carb recipe index. Below are a few more of my favorite desserts that have been revamped to be keto and low carb friendly!
- Mini Pumpkin Low Carb Cheesecake
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Muffins
- 20 Tasty Keto Chocolate Recipes
- Keto Low Carb Pumpkin Crisp
- Keto Easy Strawberry Pie