This Keto Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup is perfect for cold days or just when you’re looking for a hearty and delicious meal. The good part? It doesn’t take long to make at all!
Keto Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup
As a mom, I’m always searching for ways to get some extra veggies into our diets. I know it’s good for the kids, but I know that I also need them as well!
This is why I’m kinda obsessed with substituting cauliflower in different recipes since I’ve figured out how to make it not taste like cauliflower. It’s got a great texture and makes you think that you’re chowing down on rice! I don’t generally like cauliflower if I can taste or smell it, but have been pleasantly surprised at how well it blends into other foods if you know how to cook it right. Plus, you’re getting nutrients that are much-needed as well.
I’ve made this numerous times, and I can say, with certainty, that you think that you’re eating rice…and so does everyone else! This Keto Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup is a staple in our home during the cold winter months!
Don’t take the chance of missing out on other great Keto Recipes
Access all of my Keto/Low Carb Recipes in my Keto/Low Carb Recipe Index or follow me on Pinterest for great Keto recipe ideas! If you are just beginning a keto diet, here is a list of fantastic resources. Amazon also has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
Why do I fry the Cauliflower Rice in Butter and Spices?
I don’t actually like cauliflower (don’t tell!), and this is my secret to making it not taste or smell like cauliflower. And honestly, it works like a charm!
How to make tender chicken in the slow cooker for Keto Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup
The use of a slow cooker makes the chicken very tender. I cover the chicken with a little chicken broth (but you could use water) and add salt and pepper. Cook on high 3 hours or low for 6 hours. If you prefer you can boil the chicken on the stove instead. Cooking in the slow cooker just makes it easier for me.
I have made this soup in my Ninja 4-in-1 Multi-Cooker so that I don’t get any additional pots dirty. Once the chicken is tender, I remove it to shred and turn my Ninja to the stovetop function and follow the rest of the recipe as if I was cooking it on the stove.
Other Keto Soup Recipes:
How to Store Keto Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Soup
You can store this in the fridge for three to five days and freezer for six months in airtight containers.
How to Make Keto Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup:
Keto Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Soup
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 12 ounce packages Steamed Cauliflower Rice ( I used Green Giant but feel free to use whatever)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with water or chicken broth and salt and pepper. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for six hours.
- Shred the cooked chicken and set aside.
- In a tall stockpot, melt butter then add the onions, garlic, and celery and saute on medium heat until they begin to get translucent.
- Meanwhile, pop the riced cauliflower steam bags in the microwave following directions on the package.
- Add the riced cauliflower and all of the spices to the veggies and saute for 7 minutes on medium heat stirring so that all of the spices and veggies get mixed in.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the shredded chicken, chicken broth and heavy cream then bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn down the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid off.
- Add ⅓ cup shredded cheese