This Keto Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe is sure to become a family favorite in your home! It’s simple, delicious, and keto-friendly. What more can you ask for when it comes to finding a meal that everyone in your household will love?!
Keto Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I often hear other people say that they find it difficult to find recipes that help them stay on track with their Keto lifestyle. To me, I see this as a delightful challenge. Luckily, I’m pretty well-versed on how to make keto-friendly recipes, and this is why I love to keep experimenting and finding great Keto recipes to share with all of you.
One of the biggest reasons that I love this Keto Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe is because it’s simple but still crazy delicious. No matter how healthy a recipe is, I’m a firm believer that it should have a ton of flavor and taste as well. Living the keto lifestyle doesn’t mean that food should be dry or tasteless!
Honestly, this is probably one of the most simple Keto recipes that you’ll ever make. My son, who is my biggest keto food critic said, “Mom, I think this is your best keto recipe yet.” I waited until after he finished his second helping before letting him know that there is cauliflower in the recipe. He hates it and can usually detect a tiny bit of cauliflower, but not in this recipe.
You can access all of my Keto/Low Carb Recipes in my Keto/Low Carb Recipe Index or follow me on Pinterest for fabulous Keto/Low Carb Recipe Ideas. If you are just getting started following a keto diet and would like more information, here is a list of fantastic resources. Amazon has several excellent books you may want to check out here.
Although many traditional stuffed pepper recipes stuff the peppers while they are upright, I sliced mine in half to reduce the number of carbs per serving. I also used smaller peppers too.
Extra Veggies in this Low Carb Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Anytime that I can add even more vegetables into my diet and the diet of my children, I’m 100% game. I love how this Keto Mexican Stuffed Pepper recipe has cauliflower as an added ingredient. Although, cauliflower isn’t my favorite vegetable, once I added taco seasoning, cheese, and boil down the taco meat mixture I couldn’t taste it at all, which was my goal. Feel free to play around with the amount that you use in the recipe as you may enjoy more. It’s a slippery slope with my kids and cauliflower. I have to make sure they can’t taste it.
I created these Low Carb Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe because my family loves just about any kind of tex-mex or Mexican food. I think it gave the peppers such a nice flavor. I’ve got several other keto Mexican recipes you may want to add to your dinner rotation listed below.
How to Make Keto Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
Keto Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1.25 lbs ground beef, browned
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup steamed riced cauliflower (I steam a 10 oz bag and use part of it)
- 1 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese or Colby Monterey Jack
- Cut bell peppers in half horizontally and clean out the inside. Place face up on a greased 9x13 casserole dish and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, chopped onion, and minced garlic to a skillet and cook until ground beef is browned. Drain.
- Pop the steam bag of riced cauliflower in the microwave.
- Add the Rotel, homemade taco seasoning, beef broth, and 2/3 cup of riced cauliflower (save the rest for a different meal. You could add more but my kids didn’t notice it was in the ground beef with this amount)
- Bring taco mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered on medium allowing the liquids to reduce and the sauce thickens. If the sauce hasn’t reduced after 10 minutes continue to simmer until it does.
- Scoop the ground beef mixture into the bell peppers.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 min in a 350 degree oven.
Enjoy this low carb Mexican stuffed peppers recipe for any family-friendly dinner. You’ll love the flavor and it is so crazy easy to make!