Coconut Macaroons are some of my very favorite cookies to make at Christmas. I just love all the coconutty flavor, crunch, and buttery taste. Since baking is one of my favorite Christmas traditions, I have started testing out recipes to add to my list. I think that by being able to carry on one of my favorite Christmas traditions and having the option of a keto approved sweet treat now and then, will make it easier not to lose my mind on carbs and sweets this holiday season. I love how just a little bit of Lily’s Chocolate drizzled on top of these cookies gives them such a boost in flavor without adding tons of carbs. I’ve included links to several other cookie recipes below in case you are looking for keto/low carb cookie and bar recipes.
- Momma’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- German Chocolate Bars
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or
- Melt butter then
addcoconut and mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar and egg and beat with a mixer until mixture is fluffy.
- Add butter, coconut, and vanilla to the sugar and egg and combine well.
- Drop with a small cookie scoop onto the parchment paper and cook for 8-10 minutes or until coconut macaroons become slightly toasted on top and bottom.
- Make sure to check often as they can burn quickly.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Add 2 tablespoons Lily's Chocolate Chips to a ziplock bag (don't close the bag) and microwave 30 seconds.
- Press on chips with your hand to see if they are completely melted. Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Cut a tiny corner off the bag and squeeze melted chocolate so that when you move the bag back and forth over the cookies the chocolate drizzles.
- Place cookie sheet in
fridgeso that chocolate can set.
Nutritional Information per MyFitnessPal app based on 24 cookies -83 calories, 8.3 grams of fat, .0 grams of protein, and 2.5 grams of carbs – 1.3 grams of fiber = 1.2 Net Carbs per cookie
**Swerve is not included in the nutritional information since MyFitnessPal does not deduct the sugar alcohols.
This is a perfect cookie for any Christmas gathering.