This Keto Ground Beef Stir-Fry is an easy low carb dinner recipe with just a few ingredients, and it only requires one pan. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll be enjoying a keto-friendly meal that the family will love.
HOW TO MAKE THIS KETO GROUND BEEF STIR-FRY
Lunchtime always seems to get crazy with all four kids at home. An easy lunch just makes everything go smoother.
This is why I came up with this super easy Ground Beef Stir Fry Keto recipe and made enough to cover lunch for several days. You could make this lots of different ways by adding different veggies, but I love the taste of zucchini and squash. I love this Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry as it gives some variety to our lunches. While I often eat leftovers for lunch, this was a breeze to throw together since I keep ground beef already browned in the freezer.
- Ground Beef – I use 80/20 ground beef, but you can use any variety or sub out for ground turkey.
- Onion– I typically use whatever kind of onion I have on hand, but white, yellow, or purple work great.
- Squash & Zucchini– These are a few of my favorite summer vegetables and add in a ton of great texture, too.
- Bragg’s Aminos – This simple addition adds a ton of flavor to this ground beef dish.
- Garlic & Herbs – Creates a nice flavorful depth to this easy ground beef dinner.
- Butter– Adds a healthier fat version to the dish and a richness.
How to make Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry
Step 1: In a skillet, brown ground beef, garlic cloves, and onion. Drain the ground beef mixture then set aside. I always keep ground beef already browned in the freezer, so it makes this dish even faster.
Step 2: Add 3 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet. When the pan is hot, add squash, zucchini, and seasoning. Sautee’ until veggies reach the desired consistency. I like dicing my zucchini and squash so that it keeps them bite-size. Sautéing them in butter brings out the incredible flavor in the Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry.
Step 3: Add ground beef, Bragg’s Aminos, and the last tablespoon of butter to veggies and sauté on low for 5 min.
Enjoy this simple and delicious lazy keto lunch.
WHAT OTHER VEGETABLES CAN YOU ADD TO THIS QUICK STIR FRY?
That is the great part about this simple Ground Beef Stir Fry recipe. You can add in whatever low carb vegetables you want. Other options include
- bell peppers
- fresh jalapenos
- riced cauliflower
Don’t forget that you can jazz up this ground beef stir fry keto recipe by adding chives or cilantro on top.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE VEGETABLES ARE DONE COOKING?
This all depends on your desired consistency. If you like your veggies to have a bit firmer texture, don’t cook them as long. But if you like them a bit more tender, simply saute until they reach the desired consistency.
Using a fork to poke the vegetables should give you a feel as to how firm they are.
WHAT KIND OF SKILLET DO I USE TO COOK THIS KETO GROUND BEEF STIR FRY RECIPE?
I love cooking with a cast-iron skillet. Not only does the cast iron distribute the heat better than other types of pans, but it just seems to be a much more efficient way of cooking, too. Not to mention the seasoning on a cast-iron skillet always adds in a ton of great flavor as well.
WHY USE LIQUID AMINOS IN THIS RECIPE?
You’ll notice that I add Bragg’s Liquid Aminos for added flavor to Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry. If you’ve never used it, Bragg’s is a healthier version of soy sauce that I use in many recipes for incredible bold flavor. If you are avoiding soy, you’ll want to use Coconut Aminos. Both are great options that add in a ton of taste and flavor.
How to Store Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry
- In the fridge for 3-4 days
- Freeze for up to 3 months
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GROUND BEEF STIR FRY
Any type of side dish would go well with this simple ground beef dinner recipe. We typically eat it as is or add a simple salad, but here are a few other low carb side dishes.
MORE KETO-FRIENDLY GROUND BEEF RECIPES
I know you are going to love my ground beef stir fry keto recipe. To plan the rest of your menu, make sure to take advantage of all the great options in my Keto/Low Carb recipe index.
Keto Ground Beef Stir Fry
- 1.25 lbs ground beef browned
- 1/2 of a small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small squash diced
- 2 small zucchinis diced
- 1/4 cup Bragg's Aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, garlic cloves, and onion.
- Drain ground beef mixture and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet.
- When the pan is hot add squash, zucchini, and seasoning. Sautee' until veggies reach desired consistency.
- Add ground beef, Bragg's Aminos, and the last tablespoon of butter to veggies and saute on low for 5 min.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.