Lunchtime always seems to get crazy. Inevitably the baby starts screaming because she is hungry and the two-year-old starts running circles around the kitchen. Needless to say, an easy lunch just makes everything go smoother. I’ve been committed to eating healthy the past couple of weeks. As I was looking through the refrigerator today for inspiration, I came up with this super easy recipe and made enough to cover lunch for the rest of the week. You could make this lots of different ways by adding different veggies. I added a few carrots since my big kids were enjoying this meal with me; however, I picked them out of my meal to lower the carb content. Most people who follow a ketogenic diet avoid carrots due to the higher carb content.
Keto Friendly: Beef & Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 1/2 of a small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 large squash diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup of carrots chopped (omit to lower carb content)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Bragg's Aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion.
- Drain ground beef and set aside.
- Wash skillet, then add 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter.
- When the pan is hot add squash, zucchini, carrots, and seasoning. Sautee' until veggies reach desired consistency.
- Add ground beef and Bragg's Aminos to veggies and saute on low for 5 min.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Nutritional Information per MyFitnessPal app based on 4 servings – 376 calories, fat 30.6 grams, protein 21 g, carbs 4.1g – Fiber 1g = 3.1 Net Carbs