Y’all it’s hard to believe that you can eat food that tastes exactly like queso dip and lose weight. I would have never believed it if I hadn’t been experiencing it myself. My husband and I are enjoying a Ketogenic lifestyle with AdvoCare supplements, and have been having fun trying out new recipes. I’ve already made this low carb keto friendly Queso Soup three times, and we’ve only been doing the keto thing for about 3 or 4 weeks. It’s super easy to whip up and tastes even better the second day if you happen to have any leftovers.
Update: I’ve recently made a homemade taco seasoning you can substitute instead of the taco seasoning packet. You can find the recipe here.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2½ cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or use my homemade taco seasoning mix here
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef and onions together then drain.
- In a large saucepan add ground beef and cream cheese.
- With a spoon mash the cream cheese into the ground beef so that it will combine smoothly as it melts.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- You can also add shredded cheese and sour cream to each bowl of soup.
If you’d like more info about the ketogenic diet, you’ll find fabulous information here.
For more keto recipes check out my keto recipe index.