It is hard to believe that you can eat food that tastes exactly like queso dip and lose weight. I would have never believed it if I hadn’t been experiencing it myself. I’ve already made this low carb keto friendly Queso Soup three times, and we’ve only been doing the keto thing for about 3 or 4 weeks. It’s super easy to whip up and tastes even better the second day if you happen to have any leftovers. Update: I’ve recently made a homemade taco seasoning you can substitute instead of the taco seasoning packet. You can find the recipe here.
- Brown ground beef and onions together then drain.
- In a large saucepan add ground beef and softened cream cheese on low/medium heat. Stir together to mix well before adding any other ingredients
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: Serve topped with freshly grated cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, and/or guacamole.