Best Keto Coffee Cake Recipe with Crunchy Pecan Topping
This Keto Coffee Cake is the perfect way to end your meal. It’s moist, delicious, and has an amazing crunchy topping made from pecans that goes perfectly with every bite. This low-carb coffee cake recipe is going to be the best part of your day.
HOW TO MAKE THIS KETO COFFEE CAKE
Can I say that I love the taste of this keto cinnamon dessert? It’s not only packed with cinnamon flavor, but it’s so moist in every bite, too. Just be prepared. One bite of these keto coffee cake really isn’t going to be enough!
It’s crazy simple to make and takes a few moments of time to cook. While my family loves eating this cake for dessert after dinner (and sometimes after lunch), it’s also a great addition that goes perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or tea at breakfast. This Keto Cinnamon Cake is one of those desserts that you’ll want to make again and again.
It’s 100% possible to have a low-carb dessert or sweet breakfast option, and this Keto Cinnamon Cake is the proof. Now you can rest easy knowing that you can have your cake and eat it too!
If you like this tasty low-carb keto cake, make sure to try Keto Lemon Bread too.
- Butter – You need butter for added flavor and the fat in the recipe.
- Eggs – eggs are binders and to add moisture.
- Egg white -You’ll use one egg white for added moisture without making the bread eggy.
- Monkfruit powdered – a keto-friendly sweetener
- Cinnamon – you can’t have coffee cake without cinnamon
- Vanilla – adds extra flavor
- Baking powder & salt – used with coconut flour
- Coconut flour – the keto-friendly low carb flour used in this recipe
- Pecans, chopped – adds flavor and a nice crunch to the keto cinnamon cake topping
- Monkfruit Golden – adds sweetness to the delicious crunchy topping
Below, you’ll find a step-by-step pictorial of how to make this easy keto cake recipe. For the printable recipe with full instructions and ingredient list, make sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to the recipe card.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 X 8 baking pan.
Step 2: Combine butter, eggs, egg white, Lakanto Monkfruit powdered, cinnamon, and vanilla and beat well.
Step 4: Add coconut flour, baking powder, and salt to the other ingredients and mix well.
Step 5: Pour batter into the baking dish.
Step 6: In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients for the topping and stir with a fork to combine all the ingredients.
Step 7: Spoon topping evenly on top of batter.
Step 8: Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. When it comes out of the oven, some of the butter from the topping will be on top, but it will settle down into the cake, making it amazingly moist and delicious as it cools.
Keto Coffee Cake Notes:
- The Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener can be swapped out for Swerve for the same variety. For example, Swerve Confectioners is the same as Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered, and Swerve Brown can be swapped for Lakanto Monkfruit Golden.
- You may use almond flour instead of coconut flour, but not at the same measurement as coconut flour is very absorbent, so you need more almond flour. ¼ cup coconut flour equals 1 cup almond flour.
- The sugar alcohols from both the Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered and Lakanto Monkfruit Golden are not included in the nutritional information since most people subtract to calculate net carbs.
HOW TO STORE THIS KETO CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE RECIPE
The best way to store this keto dessert is to store it in the fridge for later. Cover it with a lid and keep it cool. Then, when you’re ready to eat, remove it from the fridge and enjoy it. You can also freeze it by wrapping individual servings in saran wrap then place them in a freezer-safe container to prevent freezer burn.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS LOW CARB COFFEE CAKE
When you first take the cake out of the oven, some of the butter from the streusel topping will be sitting on the top. Don’t worry, this is normal. The butter will seep down into the cake as the cake cools, making it even more amazing.
MORE KETO FRIENDLY DESSERT RECIPES
If you love our simple low-carb cinnamon cake, then I know you will enjoy checking out all of my family’s favorite recipes in my Keto Recipes Index. With tons of delicious sweet and savory options, all perfect for a low carb and keto diet, you will love this tool. I’ve shared a few more favorites keto desserts below for a quick start to your menu!
- Low Carb Blonde Brownies
- Fudgy Keto Brownies
- Coconut Haystacks
- Meringue Cookies with Pecans and Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
Best Keto Coffee Cake
- 9 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup Monkfruit powdered
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons coconut flour
Ingredients for the Topping
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Monkfruit Golden
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 X 8 square pan.
- Combine butter, eggs, egg white, Monkfruit powdered, cinnamon, and vanilla and beat well.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and salt to the other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients for the topping and stir with a fork to combine all the ingredients.
- Spoon topping evenly on top of batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When it comes out of the oven, some of the butter from the topping will be on top, but it will settle down into the cake, making it amazingly moist and delicious as it cools.
So far it’s the best keto cake recipe I’ve tried!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. I really like this recipe.
Made this tonight. It’s cooling and it smells delicious! Please help me understand the sugar alcohols from both varieties of Monkfruit. I understand the concept of sugar alcohols not affecting carbs, but I when I scan the barcodes on Lakanto Powdered and Lakanto Golden (along with all the other ingredients), I end up with 23 net carbs per serving. What have I done wrong?
You don’t include the sugar alcohols in the net carbs. They are subtracted because they do not impact blood sugars.
How much almond flour would you use and would you use same amount of eggs
You would use the same amount of almond flour and eggs.
This was a delicious treat! Thank you! I made muffins and added a dollop of keto cream cheese icing.😁
You’re welcome, Peta! Glad you enjoyed it.
In the list of ingredients where you have 9 Tablespoons of butter, does this include the butter for the topping below where you have an additional 4 Tablespoons or are those 4 T taken from these 9?
You would use 9 T of butter for the batter and 4 T for the topping.
Would you store left overs in the fridge or just covered room temp?
You can store it either way but it will last longer in the refrigerator.
You have done it again, Kasey! I made this today and it is excellent. Came out perfectly and so pretty. The pecan topping is so good!! This is going to be perfect with my coffee in the mornings this week. Thank you so much.
You’re welcome! Enjoy this with your morning coffee!
I can’t remember but is the butter melted or softened?
Love this easy to make pecan cinnamon breakfast cake.
I’m glad you love this cinnamon cake. It’s great for breakfast or dessert.
Could this be doubled ingredients and use a 9×11 pan?
Yes, you would need to watch the baking time as it will likely take longer to bake.
Can you use swerve instead of monkfruit?
Sure, as long as it is the same variety.
Can you substitute the pecans with anything or not use them qt all?
I’ve only made it as is so I’m not sure how the topping would work without but I think you could omit or use a different kind of nut.
Really like this recipe. People I served it to also enjoyed it. They were not on Keto.
So glad you enjoyed it!
What can i sub monk fruit for?
You can also use swerve of the same variety.
Can Keto approved flour be used instead of just coconut flour?
It might not be the same conversion as almond flour requires 4x as much as coconut flour.